XCII

Cos London's calling and can you see the fear in my eyes?
So scared of failure and that's what keeps me up at night
Call it a blessing
Well I say a curse
~ Counterfeit, As Yet Untitled 

Life always has a funny way of working itself out, even in times where everything is in a downhill spiral of what seems to be the most significant shit storms of our lives. I've learned a lot on this tour and the fact that even in those moments, things get better, and those storms don't last forever. They may knock us around, and we may get banged up, but we heal.

I watch as Lucas giggles on the phone as we wait for the band in front of us to end their set before Fallen Angels takes the stage. He has such a smile as he tells my brother about the upcoming European tour and that they will be making a stop in Dublin.

I know for a fact that Lucas will be getting him tickets and passes for as many shows that he can make.

I haven't told Erik about the book tour yet as this morning we all overslept and were running to make it to the show.

"Can we please play my song?" Kyle asks once again to Devon and Erik, who both have worried expressions on their faces.

We all had thought the same thing when Kyle first showed us the song, Scarlett.

"I think we should hold off; I don't think now is a good time to be singing that song." Devon looks at Erik for help.

"What happened with you and my cousin is absolute shit, but I don't think releasing this song when she's in rehab is a smart idea. Let us add it to the album that's coming out as a bonus. That way, we have some time for the whole thing to blow over." Erik tries to tell him, "this way they can speculate about what the song means rather than full out knowing that it's about Scarlett. She's still family even though she's made our lives hell. I don't want to push her too far."

Erik's words hang in the air around us like smoke, what if the next time Scarlett isn't lucky and she doesn't get medical help?

I don't think Kyle could handle the burden of his song as that breaking point; he's too kind of a guy, and I know right now he's just hurting and wants her to feel his pain.

"I think that's fair, Kyle." I chime in, not wanting Devon and Erik to take all the heat.

Kyle thinks for a few moments before reluctantly agreeing.

"It would have been good publicity and kept our on names on people's tongues," Kyle argues.

"But at what cost? I know we are all worried about what happens to us after this tour and if the Europe tour will sell out, but we aren't going to be a band that is known for drama. We are better than using the falling out of a bandmate to get our name into homes." Erik's tone is stern, and you can see the annoyance in his eyes.

"You guys are taking the stage in five." One of the stage crew members yells as the band before us heads off the stage.

Kyle doesn't say anything else and grabs his guitar.

I think he knows there isn't any he is getting his way.

One day he will thank Devon and Erik for this.

"Have a great show." I plant a quick kiss on Erik's lips before he heads out on the stage, his jaw still locked.

I'm always astonished when I watch him take the stage; it's like nothing else in the world exists besides the crowd and the band. Everything seems to disappear as they flow through their music, never missing a beat.