XIII

Blossoming into a badass woman with more faith than fear

I watch from across the room as ten lucky winners meet their favourite band or what I can only assume is their favourite band. Many are in their twenties while there are a few who look to be teenagers.

All of them are talking a hundred miles an hour and so full of excitement, it oozes from them.

The band seems to be soaking it up and returning the energy.

"When does the party start?" Liam leans up against me with his camera, snapping photos.

"Already has." I don't bother to give him any more attention and head to the bathroom.

The bar is full of people dancing and drinking, many singing to the music playing. For some reason, Olivia has decided to have an after party for this show even though we still have another show in New York to go.

I make my way into the crowd and towards the bathroom. I weave in between the bodies dancing to the music, the carefree movements addicting.

The bathroom is full of women smoking out of the back window or applying makeup. Many appear drunk or high.

I squeeze by one woman with pink and purple hair that is reapplying purple lipstick to her lips. Her tattoo crawls up her exposed shoulders and wraps around her neck much like vines do, but the dragon tattoo is full of dark colours.

"Who's your artist?" I ask her as she is still pressed against the sink when I come out of the stall. Her darkly decorated eyes shift to me at the sound of my voice.

"Me." She turns her body and hops onto the counter, taking a package of cigarettes from the front pocket of her black vest. She lights one before offering one to me.

I hesitate to take one but decline, remembering the events the last time I attempted to smoke.

"What would you peg me for?" I question as I jut my chin out, motioning to the tattoos that decorate her exposed skin from her arms to her face.

"Flowers and fairies, you seem to be new to the scene. No piercings or tattoos, freshly coloured hair and party dresses. Plus, the way you carry yourself shows you aren't sure about this." The woman leaves me flabbergasted as she exits the bathroom.

"Don't listen to her sweetie, you're doing fine and not everyone is born into this scene." An older woman with wrinkled skin and grey hair pats my shoulder as she too leaves the room.

I finish with washing my hands and fixing my makeup, but I can't help but to pause and look at my reflection. The blue curls that frame my face, the makeup I had spent time on; dark smokey eyes and a dark blood stain on my lips.

The black dress I had on stood out from the crowd of rips and studs. A deep v neck dress with an A-line maybe wasn't the best dress to wear here, maybe I'm not cut out for this world.

I brush the curls back from my face and do a slight pivot to look at my exposed mid-side from the slight cutout. Maybe I was meant to work in a fancy office.

"Hey! What are you doing in here? The party is out there!" Scarlett stumbles into the now empty bathroom with a bottle in hand. Her skirt is pulled up to expose the skull on her thigh while the black corset she has on pushes her breasts up.

She looks stunning, like a rock goddess.

"I think I'm going to head back to the hotel."

"Oh no, you don't! Enjoy the party." Her big hazel eyes stare at me, begging me to stay and enjoy the party.