Chapter 3

Vio pov.

"Blue we need to get these bars set up, the social worker is going to be here any minute" I tell him, internally panicking.

All of us have jobs we do together, with Blue it's putting furniture  together, Red has me help with meals, Green is organizing/ design, and Shadow helps me with work that I need an outsider's view on. Blue does house repairs with Green, pest control with Shadow, and on occasion joins Red in community service. Shadow does car repairs with Green and Red helps him come up with new designs. Red and Green buy the groceries together.

So yeah we've been working all week in order to get this room ready. We painted blue, and then Red decided to add a grass painted bottom with flowers so that took the first two days. We were only able to bring the bookshelf and changing table in because they were out of stock for the bed they picked out. So we were only able to build those on the third. We got the bare minimum for child proofing. On the fourth and fifth we added all the bullshit to make us look monogamous. Yesterday set up the toys and stuff we got from our families. And the bed only came in at noon today! So for the past three hours we've been struggling to get it together, and we haven't even started on getting the bedding taken care of.

Rushing through it I'm pleasantly surprised nothing breaks. Green comes in "the social worker is just outside. Red's going to hold her off from the baby's room so we can get the bedding on" he already has the mattress out of the packaging. He places it in, while Blue gets the sheets out. I get the blanket and pillow out. Finishing it with a toy panther Shadow picked out.

"So far so good, I just need to see the baby's room," a young lady's voice fills my ears. I straighten up, Green picks up and throws out the packaging and instructions. 

She comes in, I smile going up to her "Hello it's a pleasure to meet you" I tell her.

Red introducing us "this is my husband Vio, and this is Mrs. Marlyn Cath," She smiles seemingly delighted. She just looks over the room shares a few brief words with Green and Blue, before going to the door and telling us the results.

"You two are going to be great parents, assuming nothing changes you should get a healthy kid by the end of the year. I'll mail you a copy of the report, as soon as possible," she smiles going out the door, taking a cookie and goes to her car.