Chapter 79

Red pov.

I write down the last few myths we found. We've been having Majora drawing it as many times as possible. Because who knows what little detail could show us where to look. We've doing everything we can to hunt down the source of this thing. I can only hope that the mask is from this world and not the other world that Skull kid tells Majora about. If it's from this other world we have no way of finding a to destroy it.

"I've been looking into Ancient African cultures and myths but there's a few big problems." Vio tells me crossing out some online myths. 

"What?" I ask really not wanting to hear it. 

"Two words. Oral tradition. Only recently have they started writing these myths down so what isn't just lost to the imperial may not be access-able in any way  out side of their specific regions," He tells me groaning.

"It's like whenever we get close to finding a dead fucking end another wall we have to climb just to eliminate a straw of hay to find that fucking needle. We can't lose them again. Not Majora, not Vaati, we can't even risk others children with that thing." I start to rant absolutely terrified at the idea of losing him a second time. 

"I know, we just need to keep trying. It's not fair but this is the card we were dealt," Vio tells me hugging me.

Every myth we can find involving masks we have read and examined. We've contacted elders and translators making inquiries about them. But none of them have this devil mask. None of them have only one can see it. Nothing about it following the victim for 72 hours while making ticking noises. We got nothing relating to Majora's Mask.

We hear a creek from behind the door. It's pretty late 9:57 in fact. Vio slowly approaches it finding Vaati. 

"What are you doing here?" Vio asks tired while crouching down. 

"I think I have a right to know what you are talking about and how it involves my brother," Vaati argues getting a sigh from Vio. 

"You do but not tonight okay, it's way too late, and you need to be getting up early if you want Green to take you to Heritage Park," Vio tells him guiding him back to bed.