Chapter 48

Majora pov.

I hum as the skull kid starts telling me about where he's from. "It's a forest in another dimension, called the Lost Woods," he tells me floating about a foot in the air. 

"Why is it called that?" I ask as Tatl and Teal swirl around my head. 

"Because there's a magic in those woods. Only those of the goddesses, and other highly magical creatures, and it's inhabitants can navigate it. Those who die in it either become stalfos or skull kids like me," he tells me cackling

"Wait does that mean you died in those woods?" I ask starting to worry about my unseen friend. 

"Yes, don't remember much about my life before not even sure if I'm from Hyrule or Terrmina for when I was alive," they tell me glancing over at Teal. He likes watching how the fairies wings flutter. Tatl in her beautiful golden glow starts going over to her brother.

"So what happens if you go into the Lost Woods and don't die," I ask watching the two fly around the room. 

"All the adults do or get turned into plants. The kids who survive long enough find the Great Deku Tree, they then become Kokiri, and gain a fairy, they lose their memories from before, and are stuck in the woods, without the ability to age," Tatl tells me while landing on the tree branch next to us. 

"What's with the creepy man I sometimes see? He's always staring and has that big smile on his face." I ask next hoping they know something about him. 

"That's the Happy Mask Sales Man, we don't know him very well, just that he's obsessed with masks and seems to have some creepy interest in you," Teal tells me, the red a little stronger than normal.

They both seem to stare at something right behind me. I slowly turn around to see this colourful purple heart shaped thing. It's yellow eyes stare into me as the thing starts making this ticking sound. I stare at it feeling some deep fear rise up in me just looking at whatever the eight horns are attached to. It rotates itself to the side cackling at me....