Chapter 38

Judge pov.

The Lawyer for the prosecution stands up to go over the charges they are bring forward against Gufuu Picori. 

"My clients are bringing up the severe abuse of Gufuu Picori's son, Vaati Picori, as well as calling for re-examining the investigation of the death of his at the time girlfriend Catori Begay,"

"My cilents found Vaati on their doorstep over a month ago, in the middle of the night, in winter. Gufuu never reported him missing and told the school he was with his sister. He doesn't have a sister first of all. He knew his son was missing and never reported it to the police, and lied to the school about it. There is no case where that isn't, criminal." She tells us showing a timestamped video of Vaati crawling there in improper clothes. 

At the very least this guy is getting 5 years, as the minimum sentence for child abuse. But considering this is just what they opened with, they are probably landing much closer to the max sentencing. So I just silently swear in my head knowing I'm going to find out about some horror story.

The defense goes to share his case "We have no way of knowing that they are innocent, as they didn't take him to the authorities until under three weeks ago, after holding them for over another two weeks."

One of the five people raise his hand having clearly just face palmed "Alright what do you need to say" I tell them looking at them.

"My name is Vio I have seen these cases before as I do work as a criminal profiler. I knew that if I wanted to help him I needed to get the information to the police, but they couldn't take an investigation without gaining more trauma. So I called Officer Jenny that morning, and sent a video of the bruises and state we had found him in. Which was submitted as evidence you got a week ago. Jenny had come in multiple times taken pictures and mild questioning, which have been submitted as well. I know this is your first case, but we made sure you would have enough time at the very least look over all of the case."

At the very least they are staying professional in this.