Chapter 20

Vio pov.

Waking up Green and Blue struggle to get up. Last night really messed with their sleep cycles. But there's still a lot that needs to be done for that child. While Red's preparing breakfast Shadow and I will have to bathe the child. But before that we will have to document the injuries, by photographing them.

Shadow comes out of the guest bedroom, caring the absolutely terrified child. "We aren't going to hurt you, we're going to help you," I soothe removing a twig from their hair. They flinch, they were expecting to be hit. "We're going to get you cleaned up," I try again taking them from Shadow. Shadow goes into the washroom turning on the water. I follow placing the tiny shaking child on the counter, they backs into the corner to get away from us.

It's clear to me it is in the kid's best interest, that we wait to take them to the police. Their not stable enough to go through all that, and they would be massively traumatized, well more traumatized. Thankfully I've made sure Officer Jenny owes me a lot of favours, I will explain the situation and send the pictures to her as evidence.

"I need to take you're clothes off to wash you," I tell them carefully pulling their shirt off. They lets me though likely from fear. "I'm sorry sweetie, I promise this is in your best interest" I soothe again cringing as I see the liter of bruises all over their stomach, back and legs. There's even some bad scabs and cuts. I take both physical Polaroid pictures and digital ones on my phone to send to Jenny. 

"What are you doing Vio?" Shadow asks concerned. 

"We can't send them to the police yet, their not stable enough, but we need the evidence to help them once they are ready." I tell him removing my emotions to keep from breaking down.

Shadow looks at a heart pedant hanging from his neck. It's red glass almost sparkling behind the fake gold cage surrounding it. Shadow holds it in his hand for a second to take it off. The kid bites Shadow's hand immediately. Shadow swears pulling his hand away with a little blood coming from the tiny wounds. I swallow my immediate response of attack, knowing the child has been through way too fucking much already. They take a few steps back clearly expecting a hit. I sigh going over to then calmly telling them "We won't hurt you, just no more biting..."

I turn off the water the child seeing this nervously drops his last piece of clothing. Oh he's male, good to know... Shadow picks him up placing him in the tub. 

"I'm going to brush your hair, it's going to hurt..." Shadow warns him holding a strip of his hair to minimize the pain caused. 

"I'm going to get him some clothes for after, and put these in the hamper" I tell Shadow leaving the room.

Going through Majora's clothes was difficult, not because Majora is messy or won't let me, he was more than happy to help. No, the reason it's so difficult is because just how small the largely albino boy is. I hope that when he was running from whoever did this to him that the sun was covered. Otherwise I don't want to see the burn he gets. "Vio, I have some shorts that don't fit me any- anymore, would that work?" Majora asks me pulling on the side of my pant leg.

I smile "Hai" (yes) he gets them from a basket. Those random red shorts my mother gave him, we still don't know why she got them in the first place. "I'm going to take your purple shirt and a pair of underwear," I tell him grabbing the clothes and going back into the bathroom. Shadow is draining the water the pour thing shivering. Majora pecks from the door, which I close.

I pat down his body with a towel, that is before he takes it from me and starts doing it himself. I'll admit I'm a little surprised after all a child his age wouldn't do that. I pass him the clothes waiting, and he puts them on as best he can, but he's swimming in them. I start to re brush his hair getting little grunts of pain from him. "He should be put back to bed, three year old's need; at least 10 to 12 hours a day, and I doubt he got any where near enough last night" I tell Shadow, I'm quite surprised when he mumbles a word, I was starting to think he was mute.