Chapter 51

Vaati pov.

Shadow comes and gets me a suit case filled. "Do you need help packing Little Bat?" he asks crouching down when he says that. 

I shake my head tearing up. I do not want to go, I do not want to go to another family. I like them. They take care of me and they listen. No one else does that...

"Shh... Shh... it's okay Little Bat... Me and Green will be with you the whole time... We aren't leaving you, you're stuck with us," He tells me pulling me into his arms and holding me. 

"Why are we going?..." I ask quietly tears streaming faster, I squeeze him the best I could. 

"Because there's something really dangerous. And we can't keep it from Majora, but we can keep you from it," Shadow tells me taking out a smaller suitcase.

"What's going to happen to Majora?..." I ask as he starts putting clothes into the bag. 

"I... we... don't know for sure, we're going to do everything we possibly can to protect him. But have you complicate things a bit. As we also have to keep you safe..." Shadow tells me putting me down on the bed.

"What happens if you can't protect him?..." I ask as I squeeze my bat tightly. 

"Let's try not to focus on that for now okay sweetie," He tells me but I can see the tears falling down his face. I squeeze my bat tighter staying quiet as he zips up the suitcase. "I'm going to start packing a bag for Green okay. I'll only be a moment..." He tells me. Leaving.

Once he's gone I go up to the closet. I go in it climbing up to the top shelf. I carefully lean over and close the door to it. The dark is peaceful. It feels safe... It's comforting know people can't see me. Can't find me. Dad would always find my hiding spots and I'd always have to find new ones. When the teacher had us some game called camouflage I was really good at it. I ended up falling asleep in my hiding spot. I think I am falling asleep again.