Chapter 26

Vaati pov.

I keep my head in Red's chest trying to stop the ringing. Why did she have to be here? What if she tells dad? I can't go back. He'll hurt me again. I just want mama back. He made her fall. Why did she have to hit her head? So much blood. Water put by her feet. So much blood. Why was there so much blood?!

Red pov.

I pull him out of the cart holding him much closer. Vaati appears to be in hysterics. I whisper little it's ok, humming a little, and doing those tiny little bounces I'd do with Majora to calm him down. He calms down with in five minutes, quite relieving as I once had to do this for over an hour with Majora a few years ago. Looking down I find him passed out after he had run himself ragged.

I put him back in the cart, check to see where Majora is, clinging to the cart. "I just need to grab a few things before we can go. But I promise we'll be home within the hour," I tell him knowing how anxious he must be. 

"Will Vaati be okay?" He asks shuffling up the cart. 

I nod "I'll make sure of it" I tell him grabbing a few things and heading out.

Getting home I tell Majora to carefully carry stuff in as I put Vaati to bed. Majora nods carrying the milk in.

---

Jenny comes in with Shadow, her recorder and laptop with her. "Thank you for coming," I tell her shooing Majora off downstairs with his dinner. I told him the grown up need to talk and to only come up if he needs something. We put Vaati with him and will be having someone to check on them every ten minutes.

Jenny comes upstairs placing her laptop down and starts to record. "Red you said you found out more information on Vaati, while at the superstore in Deerfoot meadows?" 

"That is correct, I got the information from a women recognizing him, as one of her students," I tell her crossing my legs. 

"What did you tell her?" She asks remaining serious. 

"I told her I was Vaati's uncle, and that he was staying with us for a month," I continue remaining calm.

"What did you learn, from her?" Jenny asks making sure it's properly recording. 

"He was attending the school Deer Wildfoot elementary. I have a recording of this interaction on my phone. I have emailed it to you but here is the recording," I tell her putting my phone on the table and unlocking it. She listens to the recording turning to her laptop.

"I am going to look up the school and attendance records, and will be shutting off the recording." She says doing so. Going into the attendance we find Vaati in class 0B or kindergarten, class B out of two classes. Age five, he shouldn't be this short... His student number being 449 710 027. His full name Vaati Avery Clark. The only number given leading to a man named Gufuu, recorded as his father.