Chapter 75

Green pov.

Vaati is incredibly capable when he wants to be. However he doesn't like anything that can be shown really. Ballet is the only physical thing he's willing to do. He hates clubs and isn't in normal schooling, he will literally bite people if they don't listen to the no touching rule. Not where contact can't be helped more at the meetings he's signed up for. He actually had to be transferred because of his first teacher kept forgetting. He broke skin. She was nice about it, but it was best to take Vaati somewhere else.

So it's amazing seeing how the little demon jump across the stage like a feature. He's apparently the best dancer the teacher has, though they maybe exaggerating. Pulling the same trick the couch did in Stick It. Vaati's definitely talented at the very least and shows consistent growth.

I honestly was a little surprised that he didn't pick gymnastics. After all the two are both very physically demanding, and Sheik is in gymnastics. It's clear that Vaati really likes them, and they could grow to love each other given the right circumstances. He did indeed know Sheik was in the local center as we had picked them up a few times from it. Vaati even got to see them practice.

Vaati hates both of the uniforms though. He likes wearing sweats for one thing. Maybe that's why he chose ballet, because at least during practice he can pretty much wear anything. He only has to wear the uniform(s) twice per performance. Once during the dress rehearsal and once during the actual performance. Gymnastics is all leotard all the time. He's a smart kid and one that doesn't care what others think.

They are apparently doing their next show with the only ballet group that has a decent number of males. They want the best females to be paired with male dancers. There's a 95% chance Vaati gets one of those parts. The 5% is they actual realize he's male on his birth certificate and ask him. He doesn't lie often but he always points out that no one has ever questioned if he's not a girl. He didn't start this lie, he just used it.