Chapter 19

Blue pov.

"Blue!" I groan looking up half asleep, at my six year old son, who is shaking my shoulder. 

"...You could of just crawled into bed... you didn't have to wake me..." I tell him scooting in a bit more. 

"I didn't have a nightmare. You need to check the front door!" He tells me shaking my shoulder more. I look back at him, his yellow and green centered eyes, they're determined. He's going to make me do it, or neither of us are going to get anymore sleep.

"Why do I need to check the door?..." I ask sitting up rubbing my eyes, my plaid pajama pants bunched up (I'm not wearing a top), the clock reading 3:23 am. 

"Something's wrong... very wrong... couldn't sleep heard it..." he tells me squeezing his sweaty hand into a fist. 

"It was probably a cat," I tell him but get up anyways putting on my housecoat and slippers. 

"No... a kitty wouldn't be in danger..." he says fidgeting impatiently.

I go downstairs the air cold to freezing. Majora stays at the top of the stairs staying just on the edge of sight. I turn on the light outside unlocking the door. Opening the cold knob my eyes widen in horror.

There on the steps lies a child half covered in snow. His breathe barely visible. Lilac hair frosted, with skin whiter than the snow surrounding him. "Majora wake everyone else up now." I order not looking back as I hear him run back to the bedroom. I scoop up the child finding them to be unconscious and dreadfully cold. His lips containing the faintest blue tint.

Red comes down, Vio following him from their lightish steps. "Blue, what's wrong?..." Red asks starting to come down. I turn around and they gasp seeing the sickly child in my arms. 

"Green get a blanket and start boiling some water!" Vio shouts up taking her from me. Green does so as he wakes up completely from Vio's shouting. Majora follows Vio, trying to see the poor thing. I close the door.

Red grabs Majora's eyes going down to his level and making Majora face him. "Majora, get the guest room ready and find the electric blanket. This is serious and I need you to be a big boy, help us with anything we ask, otherwise stay out of the way." Majora nods a little frightened. Green pours the water into a water bottle covering it in a towel while Vio wraps the blanket around the unconscious kid... if you could even call her that.

"What of Nayru's harp?..." Vio says looking at her turtle neck. I go over seeing him careful pull the collar up peering down at it. 

"What's wrong?..." I ask eyes widening when I see a tear fall on to the child's face. 

"Their neck... someone was strangling them..." looking it I see the bruise he's talking about. It's a dark purple almost appearing black against his skin.

Majora comes to us with the blanket Vio removes the one already on the tiny little thing. Placing her in the electrical one. "Majora please take this blanket and put it in the hamper, then go back to bed" Vio asks turning on the blanket. Majora nods doing so. Green comes upstairs with the extra heater as the guest room gets really cold. Vio checks her temperature relaxing as her body slowly warms up.

The door reopens "What's going on?..." Shadow asks sensing the panic and stress we put into the air. 

"I found a half dead three year of the front step!" I tell him which he immediately comes up and looks at the poor thing. He takes him part of the child's face covered by the blanket. I know the look in his eyes, empathy, he's always done everything he could to help any one unfortunate enough to find themselves homeless, so I can't imagine how he feels right now.

"I'll make sure he's stays stable..." Shadow tells us, brushing her emo bangs out of her face. I frown noticing a mark a black T, After a moment I relax realizing it's a birthmark, familiar to me in some way. Shadow goes into the guest room leaving us to go to bed.