Chapter 14

Vio pov.

It's been just over three weeks since Majora has started going here. So needless to say we were shocked when the school said we had to speak with his teacher and principal. So after I finished work I took the bus across town to get there, Red was already waiting in the office. After a minute ee head into the actual principal's office.

"I take it you're wondering why I call you here," a curly haired man of African heritage motions us to take a seat while speaking. 

"That assumption is correct Mr. Montgomery," I tell them sitting up straight and relaxing my voice. Ms. Angel walks in sitting next to Red. 

"As you know private schools have been banned and home schooling is only an option if the local school believes they are unable to meet a student's needs, and Majora has had five very concerning events." He tells us putting his hands together on the desk. 

"We were only informed that there were three events." Red says crossing his legs. 

The teacher nods "two of them while concerning were resolved before we had to call you, and from your lack of knowledge of them, I think Majora hid the notes I told him to give you," Ms. Angel says handing us each a copy.

"The first event happened on September 6, Majora was having, I guess I would call it an episode and locked himself in the staff's bathroom, he said the Skull Kid wouldn't leave him alone and was overwhelming him.

The second he refused to go outside and hid inside the math storage room, saying the Happy Mask Sales Man was mad at him and was going to hurt him. But he left after recess so we didn't call you.

Third he has left class multiple times, and doesn't seem to get that I need to know where he is. That on its own is tolerable, but at one point he somehow managed to get into the ceiling with an older student, who we will be taking to the mother of tomorrow.

Fourth we regret to inform you that your son is starting to be bullied, and that he was pushed into a mud puddle and earned a scraped knee. It's our policy that we send letters to the parents once it repeats itself, and make an official call after the fifth time. Majora must have been to nervous to tell you.

Fifth today in class he screamed and started crying. Red, you picked him up as we were unable to calm him down, nor were we able to find out why," Ms. Angel lists to us, motioning the principal to continue. "He also tends to say made up words and seems quite upset when we don't understand him, he has a habit of biting and sucking on things, usually the toys he brings thankfully, but just overall he's not doing well here, and it freaks out the other kids. In order to give him enough attention, just to deal with his condition, the other children would suffer from lack of attention. Another thing is we don't have anyone trained to deal with serious disorders, let alone Schizophrenia which is nearly non-existent in children under the age of 13." The principal tells us handing a sheet over to us.

"So your saying Majora should be home schooled, alright, but if that's the case we'd like him to be able to join in on activities. To be exact, the healthy hunger program, field trips and school invited guests, either Red, myself, or one of our roommates will gladly come and stay for the event and help. This way Majora can still to some degree be a part of the school community and be in contact with other kids than Sheik, who I assume to be was in the ceiling with them. Also I'm teaching him Japanese so that's probably why he's getting so upset when you can't understand him," I tell them checking off the boxes covering those features, as well as that he will take his exams at school. 

Red fills in our contact information, "I'm not entirely comfortable with this but I understand this is what is best for Majora..." Red mumbles his palms sweaty as he hands it back.

"It should be processed with in the month, but he'll have to continue coming here, until then." The principal tells us motioning for us to leave.