Chapter 17

(March, Sheik's still in grade one)

Sheik pov.

Walking into the class room I pick today's three targets. When Mother found out my natural talents for stealth she's been giving me challenges to advance them. The main one being to take three red buttons to school. Put each one in someone's pocket, and get them back by the end of the day without them ever knowing. Today's targets are Mindy, she's blind and therefore a much more of a challenge for her advanced hearing and sense of touch. Mrs. Petagin as she is a teacher and has the highest risk. Finally Dave, because I haven't done him yet.

Walking into the room I spot Dave talking with his friends. Going over I stay low to the ground. The group of hot heads is too easy. I slip it into his shoe, creeping away. Best to keep your movements planned and quiet, than just running away and being spotted. Speed has it's time and place, but not now.

I hope to enter gymnastics, after all it would give me many advantages in physical movements. At the very least I hope we can start rope climbing in gym. Such knowledge would be quite useful for escapes and sneaking in. Now that I know what I want to do, I just need to figure out what for. But I have a little time for working out the details of that later.

All I need to do right now is get on the cupboard above the sink. If I get up there I'll be happy. So I wait a few minutes for my classmates to head to their seats, and I get on to the counter. Then while the teacher starts the attendance I make a jump grabbing  the ledge. I quickly pull myself up, laying down on my stomach, I can see the board and everything else in the school.

"Ok where is Sheik, their bags are here and none of the ceiling panels are off?" She asks unamused, crossing her arms. This spot is even better than I thought. I sneak off and pretend to come out from the cupboard, that way I can still use my newly found spot. Too bad I'm already sick of the lecture she's giving me.