Chapter 27

Jenny pov.

Alright I can't keep my men from this any longer. Now that we have the child's name there's no reason to keep them from this. It would only make it harder to get the help that little boy clearly needs. But that does mean that he needs start talking. And start getting ready to enter the courtroom, against whoever was doing this to him.

I've started creating the warrant for Vaati Clark's medical records. And that a third party doctor will be examining him for long term damages. An X-ray will be needed to see bone damage from the likely beatings. Blue has pointed out that he was under fed when found, and based from his height and weight compared to age, this isn't a new thing for him at all.

A child specialist will be called in to give an unbiased mental assessment. So once again he really needs to start talking.

To be honest I'm just hoping he can right now, mutes are a lot harder to deal with. Adults at least can write and sign, we at max need a translator. Mute by choice children are a fucking nightmare to get information from. It's almost always recent, almost always from the event, so getting the information is difficult. Now we are getting more psychologists and that does help make links. But that isn't happening fast enough.

Now getting back on to Vaati, based on the information given. He only has his father (Gufuu) in the contact information. His mother died a little after age three. From slipping after having an argument with his father and hitting her head. His father has had a violent history but seems to have gone straight. More likely he's just been taking out his anger on his kid. Even if Gufuu isn't guilty of abuse, his son has been missing for over two weeks, so neglect.

My job is to keep Vaati safe, and bring whoever hurt him to justice. That's why they're keeping him inside, too make sure that if the perpetrator is looking for Vaati. That Vaati won't be found and remain safe. That and they are having trouble finding enough sun screen to prevent him from getting incredibly burnt.