Chapter 80

Majora pov.

I hum practicing my coloring and shading trying to properly mix the colors. Wax crayons and regular pencil crayons aren't made for blending. At least their affordable, prismacolors the ones made for blending, are really, really expensive, almost two dollars for one depending on where you get them. So I go get the big crayola packs and my parents are willing to get me a prismacolor pack once I'm working at high school level.

Vio points out where I'm lacking in the drawing and that I need to be starting lighter. Especially where I need to be blending and putting colors right next to each other in like hair highlights. He's good at pointing out a lot of the areas that need improvement even if he can't really tell me how to improve them. I like that he got me the really clear paper so I can do sketches.

Red's the one that knows how to tell the emotions and colors of the work. He's also the one that helped me stop just using pure bright colors and how to balance it out. Pastel colors tend to bring light happy feelings. To get a dark violent scene in an actual dark environment the keep is deep shadows with thin areas brighter so you can see what's important.

Shadow is the best in making things easily readable. And how to recognize themes, overall art style to the rest of the piece and so on. The main tricks being in cartoonish styles to have a simple easy to make out color palette, or don't go crazy with different colors all over and do have variation. Recognize the basic shapes used and try to keep to that theme. Make sure the silhouette is clear at the angle you're doing.

Blue knows the most about anatomy and what the proper body structure of a person is. Like how everyone, DC included, gives Aquaman the wrong body type for a swimmer. They don't have major arm muscle, they for the serious pros often look like their arms are thin compared to their bodies. How characters who fight with magic or similar methods don't need to be overly strong as their fighting style doesn't require it.