Chapter 84

Vaati pov.

Humming in victory I undo Sheik's braid. They tense up automatically and it makes sense considering they have had it in a braid since before I met them. Obviously not the same exact braid as it would be an unsalvageable mess and only braided at the very end if it was. But either their mother Impa or themselves braid it before they ever go out in public. It's not for any religious reasons but it is in fact something they take pretty darn seriously.

It's far from the only odd thing that Sheik does. They refuse to eat in front of strangers at all. Thank goodness it wasn't busy at all during dinner or they wouldn't have eaten anything. Sheik has also been considering making a face mask to cover their mouth and nose. I can guarantee that they would wear it full time the second that started. Sheik had mentioned feeling weird when people see their face and covering it stops those feelings.

Getting to Sheik's hair I brush it wanting to do their hair as neatly as possible. I actually know how to do a great number of hair styles which I only use on an average of twice. So I know just how needed straight and clean starting points are. It's also nice to just take in the fact that Sheik is the one letting me do this, I know that speaks volumes to how much Sheik trusts me.

And- oh dear goddesses. Sheik's hair has princess curls. I stare at it for a second remembering all the cartoon princesses I've ever seen. And how many of them look like they have exact same hair style Sheik has right now. Their hair is absolutely gorgeous, with coming just off their head soft curls, getting tighter as it goes down. Though makes the duel sexed teen seem just female and very royal. If not for their red eyes many directors would want them to star as a princess.

Sheik stiffens up for a moment getting me back to the task of braiding their hair. I get to work dividing it into three equally sized. Starting with the left I put the strand in the middle. Then taking the right strand and putting it in between the over two. Just following the basic pattern of right strand in, left strand in, and repeat. Sheik seems to have relaxed as I keep the braid nice and tight.