Chapter 31

Shadow pov.

It's 5 in the morning when I get home, everyone is usually asleep, but occasional one of them will be up to greet me. So I'm not too worried about the shuffling I'm hearing down the hall. I go down not seeing any light on, so that's a little odd, but Vio will read with just a flashlight to be close to the others. He's still crazy but he keeps it contained.

Going down I find it coming from Vaati's room. I open it a crack looking in. He's playing. More like sorting but he's having fun. I open it fully and he snaps his head up. He seems a little scared, backing into the corner. Can't blame him after all he's been through he would think I was going to hurt him. I don't say anything and just crotch down and start to help organize them.

It takes a moment but Vaati comes back over correcting the little mistakes I made. He doesn't say anything just continues sorting the box of beads. Majora likes making jewelry and undoing them. He must have let Vaati borrow them. It's a bit odd for a kid to be doing this but this isn't his strangest activity of his. He likes hiding in pine trees, as in climbing them getting in between the branches. That has given Red a few scares.

Finishing I slowly pull him onto my lap to give him a hug from behind. He doesn't really react, not in the way that he froze up, but that he just didn't care about it.

That was until the familiar the rain outside turned more stormy. The second that first strike of lightning went, followed by thunder. Vaati was trying to get out of my arms. I let him thinking he would hide under the bed or sheets. But Vaati ran right up to the window, trying to get up to it eagerly. I pick him up so he gets his wish. He looks in awe, eyes lit up and everything.

He puts his hand to the glass tapping it. Mainly the street lights and trees in the park it's centered around. Oddly enough what he taps become more and more accurate in predicting the lightning strikes... Creepy. Vaati just giggle continuing very proud of himself. Before tapping a garbage disposal unit a bit away from the central storm. And it gets hit. I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit more intricate than I thought.