Chapter 10

Red pov.

Putting Sheik in the car seat was rather easy. As long as they has something to snack on their happy. Majora is the challenge he's a squirmer ever since his shoulder fully healed he's been crawling all over the place. He tends to stay near us thankfully but he loves being chased around the house. Thankfully he's asleep so no little goof ball of prevention.

I signed up for a Mommies club. I'm of course not a mother but their only requirements are that you have a baby under the age of six. I signed me and Majora up a week ago, we meet up twice a week on Mondays and Fridays. That's probably why almost all the kids are under a year old. I have asked if I'm aloud to bring Sheik as they're not mine. Getting out of the car I go in, the two babies in tow.

I sit down in the circle about five minutes late from the 4 O clock starting point. "Ah Red I see you have an extra kid with you?..." Miss. Hanigan says confused, I cross my legs sitting down. 

"This is Sheik, their a friend's kid, I checked the guidelines, there's nothing against it," Majora hugs my stomach gripping the fabric of my shirt. Sheik rests their head against my outer thigh still tired. 

"So what's the kid's name?" Mindy my bottle brunette friend asks. 

"Sheik, Sheik shouldn't be too much trouble, they're rather quiet and will probably just stick around Majora" I tell them Sheik already back to sleep.

"Which we need to move on, we're running a bake sale, no nuts of any kind of course" Miss Hanigan interjects they have seasonal bake sales here, they're rather good from what I've heard too. 

"Red being the newest member you get first pick, what do you want to cook?" She continues. 

"Cookies I have an entire book to choose from and Majora loves it when I let him have some crumbs," I tell them, Majora looking up at the word Cookies. I know I shouldn't be giving him sweets so soon but I can't help it he's just so happy when he gets a little.

"Alright how many do you think you can make?" She asks she's a bit of a soccer mom, but thankfully not too much. 

"A few batches at least, I'll probably do six dozen at max," tell them, kissing Majora's head. 

He smiles up at me "coocie?..." 

"Oh my goodness his first word!" I say excitedly picking him up squeezing him. He hugs back giggling away. The others look at me, knowing the joy of these milestones.

Putting Majora back into my lap, he holds his hand out to Sheik, who happily grabs it. They're going to earn more than a few awws before the end of the day. I take them to the play pen, the other babies banging different kinds of blocks together. Majora whines when I put him down, he makes leaving for even a second painful.

Going back I find myself glancing back and forth to them. Majora crawls around, Sheik following him as if worried. "Red he's perfectly fine," Miss Hanigan assures me. A few minutes pass by after I stopped looking and to my horror a tiny scream. We all run over trying to find the source of the scream and whatever the Hell caused it. Finding every child accounted for.

What I notice is Majora clinging to Sheik as if his life depended on it. A look of peer terror and tears running down his face. My heart breaks I look at the corner he's staring at. There's nothing, nothing but the flower painted wall, not even a shadow.... But I know that Majora does see something. I take a picture, before picking the two up "I have to go I need to talk to my husband..." I tell them walking out in a hurry.

Vio won't be available for another three hours. I don't feel ok going home without someone else being there (and awake). I need to be in a public and closed off place. And being the most basic 'mom's ever I went to the grocery store. Pushing them along, Majora still looking around for whatever he saw. Great got object permanence at the worse possible time. At least I'll know if it's near. 

"It's ok Cookie, I don't care what it is, it's not hurting my baby." I say mainly to reassure myself. We need to revise Case Inhuman. I'm not losing you, Majora, I didn't realize how important you were the first time, but you mean even more to me now. I get all the ingredients and everything else, still stalling for time.