Chapter 45

Majora pov.

I head over to Rose my art piece in hand. It's a present for her, she's blind and says she's going to Edmonton with her mom while her parents divorce. We don't really know what that is but her mom says it's a long messy process. I wanted to ask why they made a mess but Red told me that he'll explain it later.

The piece I made her is cardboard I covered in crayon, pom poms, glue globs, paint globs, foam stickers (with and without glitter), pipe cleaner, and a cotton ball. Its all the stuff I have left over, so the bad colors but she cannot see it anyways. I look for her by the play pin. Her dad got her a walking stick two months ago. It matches her sun glasses and has a star scrapped into it so it's easier to ask for help finding it.

She always wears pants and her hair is kept short. She told me she wants to wear dresses and grow her hair out, but her parents are worried about it getting stuck in things. I find her by the window leaning onto the glass.  She does that because she likes feeling the difference of heat and coolness it always has. I run up to her as she turns her head to me startled. 

"I made you a gift!" I tell her bouncing up and down.

Rose takes the piece and starts running her fingers over it. "Thanks Majora," she tells me happily rubbing the glittery orange house, the glitter getting all over her hand. I sit next to her bouncing in my spot. "I wish my parents would let me do things like this," she says holding it close. 

"Why do they not let you?" I ask looking at her intently. 

"They think I cannot and that it will just be a mess and ruin the table," she tells me pouting and crossing her arms.

"Oh. Why do you not have a dog? The lady at Michaels said blind people have dogs," I ask her as I poke her feet. 

"Dogs make my nose runny, and me cry," she tells me as I tilt my head confused. 

"Why do dogs make you sad?..." I ask moving closer to her. 

"They do not make me sad, mom says I'm Ally Rick to them," she tells me as we're lead over to the tables.