Chapter 103

Vaati pov.

I learned a while ago that I can get really cuddly with Sheik. It takes a lot of steps and figuring out the right timing. If I try to just slowly move to cuddling them, they realize and move away. Trying to just cuddle them right away leads to the same issue but faster. I have to slowly inch and when I start touching them just make casual movements to while they're distracted.

By the one hour mark I'm cuddled right into their side. And Sheik hasn't even registered that I'm here. Majora gets up and starts walking behind the back of the couch, going back and forth. 

"If you need something to do, you could always go make us some popcorn. We can pause the movie," I suggest as I notice Sheik starting to get distracted by it. They have been taught to always know where people are.

"Hey I have something that I really need to tell you guys," Sheik has partly pulling away from me. That's new normal they move away entirely once realizing I'm so close to them. 

"What is it? Do you have a crush?"

Please don't be that...

"Over the summer, I'm going to be moving to Vancouver..." 

I blink a few times before responding "What!" No no they can't be moving.

Majora hops over from the back of the couch to us "You're moving provinces?" He quickly wraps his arms around Sheik. 

"Yeah, my mom is having more and more issues with Alberta, and she wants us to long gone before I enter high school. She's already looking into what my new school is going to be," I swallow the spit I hadn't realized had built up in my mouth.

I don't want to lose them. I start to cry squeezing my eyes shut and crying against their sleeve. I really do like Sheik. They are one of the only people I can open up to. I do have a crush on them. Have since I was six after the first few visits we had. And now they are going to move hundreds of kilometers away from me...