Chapter 91

Blue pov.

"So what kind of ice cream do you want?" We normally take out Majora to get craft supplies when Vaati gets his bangs cut, but my mom sent him some supplies a couple weeks ago. So I'm taking him out to get ice cream instead. Majora is more than happy with the change. He's the one that asked if we could still do something and suggested ice cream, plus he's looking pretty happy.

"Bubble gum" he happily answers the man as I pick chocolate. It comes up to seven dollars after tax. So I have Majora go take a seat while I go fishing in my wallet for the money needed. It's warm out today considering it's only April and Calgary is one of those places winter lasts a whole lot longer. Handing it over I spot Majora stealing a lick from mine.

He's real good at looking like a deer in headlights. Always over minor stuff, like breaking a vase, or when he was little dropping a jug of milk. You'd think that we beat him over stupid little shit in order for him to get that look. We have of course never striked him in his entire life. After all it's been showed time and time again, that beating children just messes them up.

We're pretty sure it's just because of his condition and the expected paranoia, not to mention the trauma from the incidents. 

I take a seat beside him and ask "What's the punishment for stealing licks without asking?" 

He sighs giving me his ice cream "They get a whole bite from mine..." he answers while I take it handing his back to him and taking mine back. It's not the most fair way of punishment but it doesn't do any real damage or hurt feelings.

He's already forgotten all about it and is right back to happily enjoying his own. I never go for big bites after, just enough so he'll notice it. He quickly finishes his up and runs off to play on the playground. He's getting a bit big for all of it so I try to pick odd times so we don't run into little kids. He did accidentally hurt a kid a couple years ago. He apologized repeatedly but we started to really think about when we take him.