Chapter 53

Shadow pov.

Arriving at the hotel I watch as Vaati still hasn't let go of Green. He had to ride in the back with him because that's how scared he is of being abandon. I sigh grabbing the suit cases knowing Green will only by able to take Vaati's, with him latched on to him like that. "Come on Vaati the suitcases aren't even in the car anymore," he says with a sigh.

I go inside telling them we're in the environmental group, honestly I'm just too tired to function right now. I give him our information telling him we need three key cards. He nods seeing my lover with a child stuck on his torso. I get into the elevator waiting for them. They get in and open the hotel. 

"I'm going to give Vaati a bath, get some rest" Green tells me leading me to the first bed.

Green pov.

I start taking Vaati to the bath. "Why are you so worried about us abandoning you anyway?" I ask as he strips and I start running the water. 

"Mama never even said good bye..." He doesn't remember memories so much, more of facts. 

"Oh, do you know what she said to you last?" I ask going to grab the bathroom bag. 

"It was a story... she was reading, I do not think mama finished. She left because Dad had gotten home..." he tells me starting to cry.

"Well it be pretty hard to lose us that way. Is there any other reason you are so worried?" I ask as he gets into the tub. 

"I do not want to go to another family, I want you!" He tells me slowly drying his tears, except it's really just making his face wet. 

"Good news we want you too, bad news still not our decision. We're working on it, if this was a fairy tale it be a lot easier," I tell him with a chuckle.

"What does that that mean? What do fairy tails have to do with keeping me?" He asks like he just saw a flying rubber duck. 

"Back when no one cared about child abuse, and neglect, people would just leave babies at other's door steps. I'm just connecting it to how we found you," I tell him helping him wash his hair.