Chapter 21

Red pov.

I smile seeing the little kid rush back into the guest bedroom. "At least he can walk..." Vio comments coming over to me. 

"Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes, I'll give them some warm food afterwards," I tell him flipping the eggs. 

"Good, I told Jenny about the situation and to be ready to present the case once he's stable and able to speak more," he tells me hugging me. Oh... he was a boy...

"How bad was he?..." I ask fearing the answer. 

"Covered in bruises... A few cuts here and there.... there's no way it was an accident, they are all defensive or hits, the shape and size matches that of an adults hands. His behavior tells me this wasn't a one time thing, he's tense and holds extreme fear in his eyes when we're around." He tells me his voice going dead half way through. I tear up imagining the horrors the poor little boy faced.

Shadow passes through getting a couple glasses of water going into the kid's room. He comes back out after most likely placing one in the kid's reach. "Shadow's exhausted isn't he," I comment frowning, he had to watch the kid all night. And bathing a scared child, while not physically demanding, must of taken a large emotional toll. 

"He bit Shadow's hand, when Shadow touched the necklace around his neck. So just leave it be, I don't want you getting hurt," Vio warns me rubbing my arm.

Majora keeps looking at the door hiding our little guest. "Red, can I play with him?" He asks still looking at the door. 

"No Cookie, he's terrified and hasn't expressed any want to even be here. Just leave him alone. Could you go get Blue, Green and Shadow, if he's awake, for breakfast?" I tell him, he frowns but does so. 

"He's listening in on the kid's door," Vio comments, peering around the corner, I see him pressed up against the door, ear flat against it. 

"He's quiet," Majora comments going to do the actual job I gave him.

Blue comes out, a bit grouchy kneading a stress ball Majora made him, in his hand. 

Green follows "Red could you make me a herbal tea, please?" He asks rubbing his eye. I start the kettle, it's moments like this that make my thankful I just do odd jobs. Vio puts the food on the table and I relax a little, everyone's being taken care of.

"So how is the little girl?" Blue asks breaking the deafening silence. 

"Boy actually, not good, if it weren't for how scared he is, I'd be checking to see if he has any cracked ribs...." Vio corrects squeezing the napkin until his knuckles are white. 

"What bastard could do that to such a small child?..." Green mumbles to himself already feeling protective of the little one.

"I like the mark on his cheek..." Majora puts in nervous, looking up at me. 

I nod giving him a small smile "yeah it seems familiar... but I can't quite place where exactly I know it," I tell him hopping to someone named Farore(?) We can just talk about the odd birthmark. 

"Everything about him is familiar but just refuses to click into place, maybe while we're at work or get back be can start looking through the old photo books," Green says with a smile just barely forced.