207

I felt a shiver spill down my spine, with an overwhelming sense of hope flooding over me. I looked up at Doron again, looking for any sign of why he suddenly decided to gather what remained of his kind to rescue us, but came up with nothing. I looked back at Amy, Tahli and Bailey. They all seemed to share my optimism in the moment. I couldn't tell if it was foolish, or brilliant, but I didn't want to consider. I'd would rather just embrace the feeling, and hope that the small army we had managed to conjure up would do some kind of considerable damage, before most of them would likely die in the fighting. It wasn't much, but it was still several hundred, maybe a couple of thousand people. I couldn't tell from the ground. Many of them were children , but at that point, I would allow anyone who was willing to fight.

As the newly freed slaves continued to cheer and yell, Bailey approached me.

"How are we supposed to take them along with us? Surely these dragons won't have enough room to carry them all." She said.

"They'll travel on foot. There's no reason for us to rush if we leave those fighting for us behind." I said.

She shrugged her shoulders, before her eyes went wide.

"Oh! But we have no weapons!" She exclaimed.

I smirked.

"We have dragons. That's more powerful than any bow." I replied.

She smirked, before walking back towards Magar in a brisk Jog.

I looked to Amy and Tahli.

They both looked up to their dragons as they hovered over them. Both were looking down at them, clearly waiting for Amy and Tahli to turn to them, but instead they both walked up to me.

"How will we find more?" Amy asked.

I grinned.

"They'll take us there." I said.

They both smiled at me, before turning towards Veracon and Ragon.

"You will follow us! We will stay low and fly slow. Gather what ever you can to use as a weapon now, and we wish you all the best of luck!" I shouted.

All at once, they charged past me and began stripping the camp of everything from knifes to useless guns that could be used as clubs, to swords, to just sharp pieces of metal that had cooled enough from the flames to be handled. One young boy, maybe fifteen years old, walked up to me with a long, thing, rough piece of metal that he presented to me for some kind of acknowledgement.

I took it from him and briefly looked it over twice, before nodding my head.

"I think this will do just fine. Good luck young man." I said as I handed it back to him.

He smiled at me, before running off into the large crowd of people wandering around the camp.

"Right, let's go." I said to Amy and Tahli.

I walked up to Doron. He looked down at me, before stretching his enormous wing out for me. I briefly looked to Amy and Tahli with a big smile on my face, before turning back to the dragon. Finally, after a long time, I felt his thick, firm scales under my hands, and finally, I came to rest at the base of the dragons neck.

"Doron, get us the hell out of here!" I shouted gleefully.

He let out another deafening roar, before turning away from the cheering slaves, spreading his massive wings, and taking to the air, once again with me clinging to his scales.