300

Some time had passed us by, though I payed it little attention as the days passed us by. My mind was numb with the racing memories of my youth, leading up to the day that I currently lived in-perched upon the back of the largest creature the world had seen in hundreds of years. Whilst the ships had largely fallen to pieces in the days, one surviving crew member had been discovered among the wreckage of the ship, moments after it collapsed within Doron's claws as he glided at tree top level. Having been tied up with as many ropes as we could spare, with Bailey holding him at blade point atop Magar's back, his word would be all we had to show that our attack had been a success. 

As the four dragons flew at just a level just above the trees, Magar suddenly tilted her bright purple and silver wings back, slowly her-before setting down in a clear patch of field surrounded by trees. Startled. Doron banked hard to the right, his wing tip ripping several trees from the ground with only the slightest touch before he too set down next to Magar. May joined the two adults within the time it took me to dismount, but Veracon struggled immensely to land, as his torn wing made holding himself steady a real challenge. Landing with a great thud, the golden dragon nearly buckled under his own weight before allowing Amy to dismount and join me as Bailey wrestled the captive crewman down to the ground. Her blade at his throat, and a look of terror in her eyes, I could tell that something was very, very wrong. I set my two children down and motioned for Amy to keep watch over them-before slowly approaching the man. He was beaten and bloodied from my many encounters with him, though his face was still riddled with cockiness.

"What happened?" I asked Bailey as she pressed her knife up against his throat.

She gripped his hair as his head jolted back, a bloody grin sitting on his face.

"Tell her what you said or I'll slice off your cock and shove it down your throat." Bailey said firmly-gritting her teeth together.

I slowly tilted my head down to him, a confused look across my face.

"Speak."

He chuckled, before spitting some blood out onto the ground. 

"The remaining factions have all banded together against you and those who once followed you You'll all be over run and slaughtered. My fleet of ships was only the first wave-sent to scout out and draw apart your forces. We did our job well by drawing your dragons away from your main force. You're all fucked." He said with a cocky, sly voice.

I stepped back slightly, turning to Amy with my eyes wide. She shook her head, then looked back to Bailey.

"Bailey.... Don't kill him. We need him." I said as I stepped forward and placed my hand on her blade, before slowly moving it away from his throat.

She grunted, before stepping back and whipping the blood off of her chest.

"Why did you tell us this?" I asked, confused.

He chuckled again.

"You cunts are going to kill me either way, and you've already lost the war. I take great pride in striking fear into your hearts. You lose, my Queen." He said as he licked the blood off of his torn lip.