236

No words were said. We simply stood before the burning bodies of thousands of soldiers who had fallen victim to the dragons flame. The hot air blowing off of what remained of the flames came across as a warm wind, different from the usual cold wind that typically whips past me as I fly atop my mount. I could feel Doron's breath beating down on me as he held his head high above me. I looked up at him, and made eye contact.

"Alright. It's time for us to go back. We're done here." I said as I turned towards Doron.

"What? Are we not going to inspect for survivors?" Amy asked confusingly. 

I stopped.

"There are no survivors. Come. Let's get out of here. There's more to kill." I said bluntly as I began to mount.

"And you know that how?" Amy snapped.

"No person could survive that. Just look at it!" I exclaimed as I motioned to the still dying flames.

"What's you're issue?" Tahli asked, clearly irritated.

I stopped and looked down at her.

"He's bothered by something. I'm not sure what it is, but I can tell that something is wrong. All I know is we need to get out of here. Be it more soldiers, or dragons, we need to go. Come on." I replied sternly.

Amy and Tahli looked at each other briefly, before they both turned towards their two dragons and mounted. Doron seemed to be agitated by what was happening around him, as he didn't wait for an order to take off. He just turned and started into a run to take off, shoving Veracon aside as he turned around. The ground shook under his weight as he gained speed, before finally spreading his wings and taking to the air, calling for his brothers as he gained height. I could tell that something was wrong.

"Get us back. Don't slow down for anything." I said urgently, sensing his distress.

The three dragons rose to about half of the height at which they would normally fly. I was slightly bewildered, but I paid it no mind, and focused on taking in the usual view that only comes with flight. It was, as usual, stunningly beautiful. The wide open plains, with a river cutting through it like a sharpened blade through flesh. Trees dotted throughout the landscape like ants, with the forest, and the mountains way off in the distance. Still, the seemingly perfect view was taken away from by the stress the three dragons. 

As the warriors, and other dragons came into view up ahead, Doron started calling out to them wildly. Screeching, cawing, chirping and clicking wildly to get their attention as Veracon and Ragon let streams of flame fill the sky around them. Without a moment passing, Magar turned and seemed to speak to the others, before taking off. I could faintly see a person who I assumed to be Bailey jumping up and down, waving wildly as Magar and the others ascended to meet us.

"She's not with her? What's happening?" I asked, my voice growing more frantic with my rapidly increasing heart beat.

As the dragons met us at eye level, I heard the familiar sound of dragons screeching, and diving on us from above.