241

"Amy! Tahli! Bailey!" I shouted.

The three of them turned sharply to look at me from their respective positions as I motioned with my hand for the three of them to Join Noah and I. The three of them hurried to us, Bailey out of breath after her unnecessary sprint over.

"What's wrong?" Amy asked with urgency in her voice.

"I've spoken to Noah. He has said that our current strategy is futile. He claims that we must push past any groups of soldiers, no matter how big and tempting, and instead make straight for their leader. While this does seem to be an easy way to end this war, we must consider that even with their leaders death, the remaining soldiers may still be loyal, and pose a threat. What is your take on this?" I asked the three of them.

For a moment, none of them said anything. Then, Tahli spoke.

"If we're to press on, making straight for the source of this war, we must not bring along those who cannot fight to the death, while still possessing a chance at survival. That includes elders, those who are disabled in any fashion, and young children. We take only the most able warriors from this point on. That is my take." She said.

I nodded in agreement.

"I agree with that as well, but we must make this known to those who follow us." Amy added.

"Bailey, Take Magar back to them and inform them of this. All those who are disabled, to young, or to old to fight be left here. There will be plenty of animals in the area to hunt, water, and shelter. We leave behind one-hundred able bodied individuals behind, charged with caring for the less able." I said.

She nodded, before turning and starting towards Magar.

"Right then. When we attack, how should it be done?" I asked as I turned to Noah.

He pondered for a moment.

"Well, I'm willing to bet that they've remained on the coast. That way, ambush from all sides is impossible. They will have what remains of their ships at the ready, able to fight and provide support from the rear. The Rusino's themselves will be isolated in the very centre of the mass of soldiers and slaves that they hold there, guarded by their most lethal and well trained soldiers in several defensive lines along a front that will require sheer mass of bodies to get through, unless of course a hole is punched with flames. It will likely be soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder in two, three, or four defensive lines that will be set up in an arch, stopped at the waters edge, with the leaders housed within. Behind the soldiers, will be cannon crews. They will present the most numerous threat to your dragons. The ships will rain cannon fire down on the warriors who will have no choice but to charge the lines, hoping that some will get through. They also have these guns that fire off many shots before being reloaded. A handle is cranked, causing the gun, with its many barrels, to spin as shots fly from their tips. These will likely be along the front lines with the soldiers. Like I said before, the death toll will be high for your people, and mine alike. But, if I could make a suggestion, I advise that you only take your biggest dragon with you. Send the others back. There is no sense in risking the species." He said.

I shook my head.

"The dragons fight as one. If dragons will fall, then so be it. So long as one male, and one female survive, the war is never lost. While my dragon and I share a deep bond with one another, we are willing to risk our lives for the sake of our people. And the same goes for the others." I said firmly.

We all fell silent for a moment.

"Okay then. It is my suggestion that when Bailey returns, we make for the far coast. And we retake your homeland once again." Noah said.