250

Magar and May, along with three other dragons followed us, while Veracon, Ragon and the others remained back on land, fighting the other dragons in the air, as well as attacking the ground forces. As we flew towards the ships, ascending to beyond the reach of their weapons, I spotted a large structure, that seemed to be riddled with weapons.

"That must be where the leaders are!" I shouted.

Just as I said this, May rose up beside us, bringing Noah up to eye level with me. He said nothing, but only shook his head very intently. I took this as him saying that their defences were to great, and that we would have little chance of getting through. He wasn't wrong. This structure was heavily guarded, and there was little chance of even Doron getting close without being shot down. The best chance of getting through was to bring down the defences surrounding it, and the ships were a good place to start.

I waved my bow over my head, indicating for us all to dive on the ships. As we dropped, cannon fire came flying up at us from below, but many of their fire was fired at an angle to shallow to strike its mark. Doron spat fire down on the ships, sending dozens up in flames with a single pass as the others followed close behind, sending nearly one-hundred ships to the oceans bottom with one pass. As we circled around for another pass, I saw what looked like a grapnel hook being thrown from atop one of the surviving ships masts as one of the trailing dragons flew by. The hook caught hold of the dragons wing as another caught hold of its underside. With the dragons weight carrying it forward, the wing was torn open, and its organs forcefully ripped out by the other as the dragons mangled body dropped from the air and collided with a ship, breaking it in two and sending it to the bottom as the dead dragon sank beneath the waves.

"Watch for those!" Noah shouted as he and May flew below and attack one of the ships that had just taken the dragon down. 

Suddenly, a blast of flame came down on me from above, only just missing us as the attacking dragon flew past us and caught on the tail of one of the other dragons. This dragon had no rider, but it meant little. It easily took down one of the other dragons that had followed us, sending it into one of their own ships as it sank, gushing blood from its open wounds from its attackers teeth and claws. It attempted to take down the other, but it was quickly shot down by the ship mounted cannons as it weaved in between them, attempting to shake its pursuer from its tail. The young dragon was hit from the side by two cannons, sending it straight down into the water, where it drowned and bleed to death shortly there after.

"Doron, let's finish this." I said with a determined voice. 

Again, Doron dove on the ships, now with Veracon by his side as well, taking them down one by one. Four more dragons accompanied Veracon, but just as they arrived, one of them was engulfed in flames by one of the Rusino dragons, before it fell from the sky and hit the water, before sinking in the shallow water off the shore, its body still partially exposed, and partially buried in the thick sand that lined the ocean bottom.

The fighting over the water seemed to rage on forever, with the amount of ships very slowly decreasing with every one sunk by our dragons flames. Every so often I would glance back at the land, but all I could see was smoke rising from the dragons flames, and the smoke emitted from the guns and cannons going off constantly. My head ached from the sound of war beating against my ears, but all I could focus on was sinking the next ship that came into view. Slowly, the ship numbered dwindled, until after nearly an hour, none remained. As we flew over the now liberated waters off shore. I could see untold numbers of soldiers in the water, swimming for dear life as Veracon and Magar picked them off in numbers with their flames, slowly killing off the screams and pleas from desperate men who wished not to drown in the heat of battle. 

"We've done it. Their ships are gone. The rear is exposed. Our chance is now." I said to Doron as he turned and started back towards the shore.