219

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I was a mix of terrified, relieved, and curious. Terrified of the cruel and painfully death I would soon endure, relieved from the fact that my suffering would soon end, and curious as to which device I would be slaughtered in.

The two soldiers came into the cell and pulled me to my feet, before dragging me out on my knees. The screaming intensified as soon as I was brought out of the cell, with the walls no longer obscuring the sound. I stumbled to my feet as the soldiers pulled me along with them. We walked past several dozen of these sinister devices, leaving me to witness the brutal deaths happening all around me. Every device that came into view, I wondered if it would be my final resting place before death, but time after time again, I was pulled past them. Finally however, we came to a stop in front of a set of two tall wooden logs stuck in the ground, with a person tied to them with her arms and legs out stretched, tied to the ropes. Behind him, was a man with a long blade that was glowing with heat at the sharp end. I watched in horror as the long metal rod forced its was through the mans stomach, before being pulled forcefully to the side, spilling his organs out onto the ground. But the man didn't yet die. A soldier with a long set of metal claws then stuck the claws into the open whole on the mans side, and began pulling organs from the chest out, and tossing them to the side. Only a moment after the first lung was pulled out, the man took a deep gasp, before his head dropped, and he fell still. 

"Hold the line, we've got something special for you boys." One of the soldiers holding me said.

The torturer gave him a confused look.

"Oh? And what would that be?" He replied.

"This is the one with those dragons. The ones that foolishly tried to drive us away! Dumb whore fell from her mounts back in an in flight fight with one of our own. Give her the works." The first soldier said as he shoved me forward.

I shut my eyes as the soldiers tied my hands and legs to the two wooden logs on either side of me. I could hear the torturer sharper his blade, as one of the soldiers who brought me to him whispered something to him that I couldn't make out. 

"No problem. Sit back and enjoy the show." The torturer said.

I took in a deep breath, expecting to feel my organs spilling out onto the ground around me any moment. After a minute or so, I did feel the piercing hot blade cut through my flesh, but it wasn't through my stomach, it was through the back side of my leg. I burst out screaming as the torturer continued to make small cuts with the red hot blade on on my flesh. 

"Why aren't you killing me?!" I screamed.

They all laughed.

"You? No! That would be to easy! You're going to get something new every day for a good long while! One day per person you and your little rebellion killed off!" One of the soldiers said as he laughed.

I felt a deep sense of defeat as I came to terms with what I had just heard. I would rather be skinned alive and left to die within a few days, as opposed to go through daily torture. 

After several minutes, I felt the knots binding me to the logs fall apart, causing me to fall to the ground. I stumbled to my feet and looked around at my body. I had dozens of small cuts on my arms and legs, that were yielding very little blood due to the intense heat of the blade that inflicted them. 

Just as I was coming to terms with my new reality, I felt one of the two soldiers who had brought me there grab me by the arm and start to drag me back towards my cell. The trip back seemed all a blur. I couldn't focus on anything happening around me due to the intense pain. Finally, we arrived at my cell. I was violently shoved in and fell to the ground on my front side. I took in several deep breaths before turning back over. The soldier was in the cell with me, with a disturbing grin on his face.

"You're mine now." He said bluntly as he began to remove his clothing, hanging it on the bars, obscuring the view into my cell from outside.