268

I remember very little of the events that followed the birth of my children, as I was exhausted from the incredibly intense pain that came with their births. It seems as thought I fell asleep shortly after, because the next thing that I can recall, it was daylight. I quickly realized that my children were not in my arms, but in my panicked state of trying to find them, I found that Amy and Bailey were tending to the two newborns, while Tahli and Ragon flew around over head, searching for potential prey.  It took me a moment to notice the other four dragons sitting behind Amy and Bailey, all four of them staring down at my newborn children.

"Someone's wanting to see you." Amy said with a humongous smile on her face as she stood up.

"You want to go see mommy?" Bailey asked Jamie in a sweet voice as Amy handed me James.

I carefully took hold of the two children as I sat back down, taking care not to lose my footing as I did so. 

"Can you breast feed? Or is it to early?" Bailey asked nervously.

I grunted as I sat down.

"I should be able to, but there's only one way to find out." I said.

I pulled down my shirt, exposing my two breasts to my children, but was unsure of what to do next.

"Bring their mouths up more. Help them latch on." Amy said as she raised Jame's head up.

Simultaneously, the two babies latched on to my breasts, and began to effectively feed themselves. Bailey seemed to adore the newborns, as she had a constant smile on her face.

"They're both so cute." She said as she whipped away a tear.

I chuckled as I looked down at the two of them, holding back tears of my own.

"I'm not sure how I'm going to hold them while riding the dragon... It's not like they know to hold on." I said.

"Well, perhaps we could just stay on this island for a few years until they're old enough to handle themselves." Bailey said jokingly.

I laughed at her response. I enjoyed the humor.

"You could always strap the two of them to your chest while you're flying. It's better than not being able to hold on and falling to your deaths." Amy added.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Perhaps that could work, provided that the straps are secure enough." I replied.

Just as I finished my sentence, Ragon set down off behind Doron as he hovered over me, seemingly guarding me from whatever he thought would threaten me. The impact of Ragon landing startled my children, causing them both to cry.

"Sh Sh Sh Sh It's Okay!" I exclaimed as I hugged the two of them in an attempt to calm them.

"Sorry about that, it's difficult to hide the thud of a mountain sized bird with scales landing next to you." Tahli said as she approached, with Ragon joining the other four dragons. 

"It's alright, they're just going to have to get used to it." I replied as Jamie calmed down, with James still crying.

"Let's just hope the sound of war and death is something that doesn't screw them up for their entire lives." Amy added.

For a moment, we all just sat silently as I calmed James down. Then, just as the newborn stopped his crying, May started towards me, with curiosity in her eyes. Knowing that she posed no threat to my children, I set the two of them down, side by side in the long, soft grass. 

"Oh my, this is adorable." Tahli said in a whisper, taking care not to startle the babies.

May slowly crept up to my children as they lay in the grass, exposed to the red dragon as she stopped, hovering over them. All that lay between them and the dragon was a thin layer of cloth that Amy had wrapped them with. May lightly nudged James with her narrow snout, before looking straight down into his eyes, while hers glowed. Strangely, James didn't cry, or even really show any fear, nor did Jamie when May moved her attention to her. We watched as the May took up a semi protective stance over the two children, though lacking any kind of aggression in her body language. I smiled as I locked eyes with May, before giving her my nod of approval.

"One dragon bonded with two people? Well, that's not something I've ever heard of before." I said.

Hi All! Just thought I'd let you know that I have 2 new stories available on my profile page. "The Dragons of Lithia" and "The Lost Dragon" are both stories that you will certainly enjoy if you enjoy The Dragons Daughter! And obviously you do if you've made it this far! Enjoy all!