244

He nodded eagerly as he clung to the short, dull spines held together with thick webbed skin that stuck out from her back and neck. May also seemed eager to take to the sky, as I had noticed that her breathing had increased rapidly the moment Noah mounted her.

"Once you get off the ground, you guide her. She will read your feelings as best she can, but she is young. Her senses are not mature enough to work without issue. So don't be afraid to command her verbally. You give her respect, and she will give it to you, as well as protect you, and love you." I said.

I back away.

"And one more thing. Don't let go." I said.

He nodded and chuckled at what I had said, before he looked down at his dragon, while she looked back up at him, waiting for his command.

"May, fly."

May purred as she turned and spread her wings, before she broke into a running start towards the water fall. Doron and Magar both chirped and cawed at their daughter as she built her speed up, before spreading her wings and leaping off over the waterfall with Noah atop her back.

"Come on!" I exclaimed as the four of us ran to the cliffs edge and looked down towards the water below.

"Look! There they are!" Amy shouted as the pair glided over the water below at the base of the water falls, May's wings stirring up the water as she repeatedly flapped them to keep her body aloft.

We watched the two of them fly across the water, before may suddenly pitched up and shot up the waterfall at lighting fast speeds, clearing it in a heartbeat and continuing up towards the sky above. Magar called out to May as she flew around over head, with Doron clicking back and forth with May as she vanished into the clouds.

I turned to Amy.

"I think it's time to go, don't you think?" I asked.

Amy nodded.

"Yes. I think now's the perfect time to get moving." She replied.

"I second that." Tahli added with a smile on her face.

I looked around for Bailey to ask her take, but I then noticed that she had already taken off towards Magar.

I chuckled.

"Well, we know what she thinks. Let's go!" I exclaimed.

Magar took off eagerly just as I reached Doron, who also seemed eager to get in the air after her. I seemed to almost fly up Doron's wing, before giving the command to take off. Doron did as I instructed with Veracon and Ragon close behind, as the other dragons began to take off after us. We ascended up through the clouds in what felt like a heartbeat as we peered around searching for Noah and May, but for a while, they were not to be seen in any corner of the sky. Doron seemed to sense her direction, but the clouds prevented him from seeking her out. Then, out of seemingly nowhere, The red and white dragon appeared through the clouds just in front of Doron, cutting him off.

"Hey! Nice of you to join us!" Noah shouted as he waved from May's back, all the while ascending higher.

Doron didn't even wait for me to tell him to follow. He pitched up and gave two powerful flaps of his wings that launched him right onto May's tail as the two of them went into a circle pattern, all the while vocalising back and forth to each other. Magar joined us a moment later, followed by Veracon and Ragon. The other dragons seemed to take notice of the event taking place, because only a moment after Doron caught up to May, the skies became a beautiful arrangement of colours as dragons soared along with each other, talking back and forth as they embraced in the young dragons new found bond with her rider.

"That's your little girl." I said as I patted Doron's thickly scaled neck, all the while a single tear dripped down my cheek.