229

Our eye contact seemed long awaited. I could feel tears of joy starting to well up in my eyes as he brought his head down towards me. His breaths were strong and powerful, his eyes gleaming from the light of what flames remained. Without hesitation, I grabbed his snout, spreading my arms as wide as I could to either side and giving him a hug that I never thought I would get to give him. After what felt like forever, I stepped back and looked him in the eye once again, his scar from his previous fight still clear on his face.

"W-Will he hurt me?" 

I turned around to see Noah cautiously approaching from just inside the cell, cautious to come any closer.

"No. He won't. Come." I said as I motioned for him to join me.

He slowly came up to us, his eyes locked on Doron the entire time.

"Noah, this is Doron. I've raised him, his two brothers, and his mate since they were babies." I said.

I then looked back up at Doron.

"Doron, this is Noah. Try not to scare him to much." I said jokingly.

I then noticed all of the men on horse back that were lining the cells, as now freed slaves emerged, looking in shock at the dragon sitting before them. As I was looking the men and slaves over, I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

"Jess!"

I looked just over Doron's shoulder to see Veracon looking down at me as he approached, with Ragon and Magar close behind. As my gaze drifted down, I saw Amy, Tahli and Bailey running towards me. I dropped to my knees as Bailey practically flew into my arms, sobbing. As I stood up with Bailey still in my arms, Amy and Tahli stopped just in front of me, both of them crying.

"Are you okay?!" Bailey asked through her sobs.

I sniffled.

"Yeah, I am now. I missed you Bailey." I said through my equally intense crying.

"It's nice to see you again." Tahli said with a smile.

I chuckled.

"Same to you. Thanks for coming back for me." I replied.

"Come on kid, let us have our turn." Amy said jokingly.

Bailey shook her head no. Amy just rolled her eyes and joined in the emotional hugging, with Tahli along side her. The four of us cried for several minutes, all the while holding each other. I could here the dragons around us purring as they watched, but I was focused on embracing in the company I never thought I would have again. After several minutes of hugging, I felt a rough object putting pressure on my back. I turned around, to see May looking cheerfully at me.

"Oh My! May! You're huge!" I exclaimed.

May had grown extremely fast, more than twice the size that Doron was when he was her age.

"How did she grow so fast??" I asked as I examined her more developed wings.

"She's been eating well. We slaughtered several other groups of soldiers on the way here, and her mother let her have at it every time. We only lost one dragon in the fighting to get here, but, it looks as though we didn't lose any today. As for those four that we're still after, we clashed with them briefly a few days ago, but no casualties on either side." Tahli said as she stepped forward.

Having taken note of May's surprising growth spurt, I looked back at the others. By now, the other dragons still alive and present had come up behind Doron, and were all looking down at the four of us as we looked back up at them. Doron had grown quite a bit as will, though by that point, any growth he had would be difficult to notice, due to his already enormous size. Ragon, Veracon and Magar had also grown, but Ragon was still by far the largest of the three of them. Then I thought of something, and turned to Tahli.

"Who are these guys?" I asked her.

Tahli said nothing, and just pointed over my shoulder. I turned, and was greeted by a man dismounting his horse and slowly walking up to me.

"Wade?" I said.