216

I sorted through my memories, trying to figure out where I knew the mans voice from. He clearly knew me, and his voice was definitely one that I had heard before. I contemplated reaching for the mask to pull it off, but knew that that would certainly result in my death. I looked up at the three dragons behind him as the forth rounded to join them. 

"Who are you?" I asked hesitantly.

He chuckled to himself as he shook his head.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that." He said.

His voice was some what muffled by the mask, but still easy to make out. I cocked my head back defiantly as he started to pace back and forth.

"So, why didn't you kill me? You obviously know who I am." I asked in a slightly firmer tone.

He paused, and looked at me, before chuckling again.

"Well, what would be the fun in that?" He replied.

I pondered what he had said for a moment, unsure in what he meant. Surely it would be in his best interest to put me down, so why they had instead let me get to my feet, I didn't yet know.

"So... I had five dragons at my side, and now I only have four. Care to explain why? Don't get me wrong, I already know, but I want to hear you say it." He said with a slight chuckle.

I grew a slight grin.

"We killed it. Slaughtered it. Pulled it to the ground and watched it die at our feet." I said with a sinister voice.

I could see his eyes change, as if he didn't expect me to take such pride in my response.

"So then... You kill one dragon, we kill thousands upon thousands of men, women, and children in your futile attempts at battle. Does that seem worth it to you?" He asked.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Anything it takes to be rid of you." I replied.

He chuckled again.

"Oh miss Albo, that isn't likely to happen. So sorry to be the bearer of bad news." He said slyly.

A silence happened between us for a moment. I could tell that he wanted to kill me right then and there, but for some reason, he didn't. I would later find out why.

"So, what happens now? Do I run off and starve to death? Do you kill me? What?" I said impatiently.

"What happens? Well, what happens next, is something I'd rather let you figure out on your own. I think it's more fun that way." He said.

He looked me up and down once, then turned and started walking towards his dragon, snapping his fingers, indicating for him to make himself accessible to mount. The dragon obliged, as several soldiers approached me with their guns drawn. I knew I was about to yet again be taken prisoner. I moved my gaze to just behind the approaching soldiers, looking over the few survivors who had been taken prisoner. They were brutally beaten, bleeding and broken, tied up, and being dragged across the ground while trying to keep to their feet. I locked eyes with one of the soldiers as he stared me down with his weapon pointed squarely at my face. I shut my eyes as I was thrown to the ground, flipped over and tied up, before being forcibly dragged back into the crowd of soldiers and slaves.

"Welcome home bitch." One soldier said.

Hi All! Just thought I'd let you know that I have 2 new stories available on my profile page. "The Dragons of Lithia" and "The Lost Dragon" are both stories that you will certainly enjoy if you enjoy The Dragons Daughter! And obviously you do if you've made it this far! Enjoy all!