266

Many Months Later

      The sight of endless waters for months on end had drawn out the most boredom I'd ever experienced in my many years of life. The sounds of the sea, however calming they may be, had grown old and repetitive, and had nearly driven me to the brink of insanity. The only element of our journey that remained exciting and riveting, was the endless field of stars that filled the night sky, lighting it brilliantly.

The sun was slowly beginning to lower, making way for the army of the stars above. But, for what ever reason, I decided that we would continue on. Even if I intended on taking us to the ground, I was intent on doing so on an island large enough for us to sleep comfortably on. The sky along the horizon was now partially dark, dotted with numerous stars, and the lower half, still a bright shade of orange, the only sign of the once proud sun that dominated the sky. I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath of the cool, late evening air, when suddenly, my over sized stomach hit me with an intensely sharp pain that caused me to cry out in anguish. Initially, I tried to ignore the intense pain, but shortly after it started, I felt a splash of water hit the side of my legs, accompanied by a strange feeling within my body.

Panic swept over my body like flood waters over a sunken plain.

"Down! Take us down now! I don't care where!" I screamed as the pain grew to an unbearable level.

Doron panned his head back to look at me. Sensing my distress, he pulled his wings into his sides and dropped down towards the ocean below. I turned over onto my back, gripping his enormous spines as my breathing increased with the ever more intensifying pain as I prayed for land to appear. The wait seemed to be indefinite.

Finally, after what felt like an entire lifetime, I felt Doron set down on the ground. I attempted to roll over to dismounted, but I was barely able to move. So, in a last ditch effort to get to the ground, I started screaming for Amy and Tahli as they flew over me. Moments after I felt their two dragons touch the ground, the two of them were hovering over me, working together to get me to the ground. Upon reaching the grass, they set me down next to Doron as he pulled his wing away, before turning to face me along with the other four.

"Bailey, hold her left arm. Give her something to grasp." Amy said as she tossed her bow to the ground and knelt down at my feet, with Tahli on my right.

Amy cracked her knuckles in preparation for the incredible task at hand, before looking deep into my eyes as she slowly pushed my legs up and apart.

"Here we go." She said.