291

The morning had come with the rise of two-thousand men, armed with as many bows, arrows, swords, spears and daggers that they could carry. Mounted on two-thousand proud steeds, the small, carefully selected group of warriors gathered at the base of the hill as Doron sat behind me, the other four on either side of him. I stood at the edge of the hills steep crest, Sir Ivan handed me my bow, and insured that my swords were fixed firmly to my waist.

"My brothers!" I shouted.

Slowly, yet rather surely, the men grew quieter, before all that could be heard was the sound of distant waves thrashing against the cliff faces. I paused a moment, before drawing my long sword and raising it above my head.

"You have fought for freedom for the vast majority of your lives! Many of you have died fighting for your cause, and many more will die for that same cause in the days, weeks, months and years to come! In war, any man who raises a weapon may be slaughtered by his enemy, but, those who have yet to mature and make the choice for themselves, need not be harmed. In the last night, one of our enemies raided your homes, and forced dozens of young children into captivity. The terror they must have felt and must still be feeling is not something I ever intend to experience, though I must still bring myself to face it. On this day, we ride in pursuit of those who would harm our innocent children, and we slaughter them. Whether it be with spear, sword, arrow, or dragon fire, we will return with those taken from us! Will you ride with me?!" I exclaimed as my arm quivered under the weight of my sword.

Without hesitation, the men reared up on their horses-chanting war cries that sent chills down my spine, carrying out to the horizon that sat at the oceans edge. Bailey turned to me and smiled, before making her way over to Magar, climbing up on her back. Tahli spun me around to face her, before pressing up against me-kissing me passionately as her breasts rubbing up against mine. My eyes were wide with confusion as she backed up, and whipped her lips as she chuckled.

"Ya'know, I have always thought you were a hot one." She said before turning and walking towards Ragon, swiftly mounting him as he cawed at Veracon, resting next to him.

"This is going to be a shit show." Amy said with a chuckle as she hugged me tight, before turning towards Veracon.

"My Queen, I wish you safe travels." Sir Ivan said as he bowed.

I smiled, motioning for him to rise.

"Insure that those who lost children know that it will not go un-avenged." I said as May came out from behind Doron, pushing her rather large head under my arm.

I patted her on the tip of her nose, before turning towards Doron, climbing his leathery smooth wing. I confidently atop the dragons back, gripping the spines that pointed bravely towards the clouds. I raised my sword above my head once again, prompting the men on their horses to shout my name in a repetitive chant that sent shivers through my body-before Doron let out powerful roar that shook the ground, and carried across the camp to the forest trees  far off in the distance.

"Fly!" I shouted as I gritted my teeth together.

Doron chirped at May as she beat her wings against the morning air, brushing aside the grass below her with each and every flap. Magar called after her as she leaped into the air and took off towards the clouds after May. Ragon pushed himself up and flapped his wings thrice, lifting his massive frame off the ground, followed by Veracon-though the two didn't ascend to the clouds. Doron didn't yet take off however. Making his way over to the cliffs against which we would travel to retake our children. The black dragon gazed out over the breaking waves momentarily, before spreading his wings and lifting himself into the sky.

"Stay close to the shore." I said as I tightened my grip on his spines.