321

"Load the catapults and ready the cavalry. Foot soldiers in rows backing the men on horseback. Catapults to the rear. The dragons will give us an advantage in the initial charge, but once the two forces begin to mix, they'll be largely useless. There's most certainly going to be some ships to take on. Bailey, you can take Magar and May to deal with them. Doron and I will stay over the battlefield to aid in holding back more men from joining the fray." I said as Bailey and Sir Ivan walked hurriedly on either side of me.

"What's the plan if we get overwhelmed?" Bailey asked as she fixed her sword to her waist.

"We fight to the last man, and the last dragon." I replied.

I turned to Sir Ivan.

"Sir Ivan, see to it that the women and children are sheltered nearest to the cliffs, as far from the fighting as possible. And for your sake, make sure my children are guarded until I return. If they get hurt, I'll use your intestines as rope to hang your family." I said.

I paused for a moment, then spoke to him again.

"If you would be so kind, I'd like you to lead the cavalry charge. You've served me very well, and i'd feel far more confident with you fighting on the front lines." I said.

Sir Ivan smirked, before bowing, and running off into the crowd of men, scrambling to get ready for the fight of their lives. Several armies who'd been locked in combat for years coming together just to take me and my small band of warriors on was a terrifying thought. They'd already killed two of the five dragons that flew with me across the ocean, and now they were all coming for me at once. I walked through the fields as men prepared for battle. Past the catapults, past the foot soldiers, and through the cavalry lines still forming as I pushed through. I made my way to the front of the still forming cavalry line, and stood facing them as Doron, Magar and May landed behind Bailey and I. Sir Ivan appeared through the massive army of horses and men, locking eyes with me and giving me a nod. I mounted Doron, and Held my sword above my head.

"Today, we make history! You men have fought for most of your lives to protect your families! On this day, it ends! It all ends today! By nightfall, those of you who are still alive will live in a free world! Ridden of war and suffering, ridden of torture and greed, ridden of all that may harm you! Fight hard today! Fight for you brothers, fight for your families, fight with my dragons, but most of all, you fight for your freedom!"

A deafening roar erupted as tens of thousands of men shouted, holding their swords, spears and bows above their heads as they cheered and chanted. I felt a shiver go down my spine as I watched Magar and May rise into the sky. 

"Let's fucking do this." I said as I patted Doron at the base of his neck.

With great confidence, Doron spread his wings, and let out a bellowing roar that seemed to carry out to the farthest reaches of the ocean, coupled with a stream of black and crimson red flames that flew high into the sky, dissipating into nothing after a few seconds as Doron beat his mighty wings against the air, raising him into the sky, all the while our enemies were slowly approaching.