221

I barely slept through the night. The pain from my wounds, coupled with the constant fear of what possibly awaited me the following day. The sun was rising, it's light peaking through the holes in the walls of my cell. I sat curled up in the corner of my cell, with my legs tucked up against my chest, with my arms wrapped around them to hold them up. Even though I wasn't in any immediate danger, it made me feel safer keeping myself small and confined in my cell. I had quickly learned that in this place, imprisonment was the safest thing for anyone unfortunate enough to have found themselves there.

My ears perked up as the sound of the soldiers in charge calling for the others to wake. My heart started pounding once again, anticipating to be pulled from my cell shortly, and tortured for the amusement of my captures. 

The weather was comfortable, which was a luxury that I had been granted several times already. Slowly, several soldiers began to approach, with weapons at the ready. One by one, those in charge would point randomly to cells as they looked to their subordinates, before said subordinates would quickly retrieve a captive at random and drag them away screaming hysterically. 

"Grab that one! Her parents are both dead anyways. Might as well put her down. She's just a young one though so don't make it to horrific." One of the soldiers said off to my left.

I pressed my face up against the bars of my cell to look at what was going on. As people began to be brutally mutilated in the horrific torture traps, two soldiers pulled a young girl, probably no older than ten years old was pulled effortlessly from her cell, kicking, screaming and crying as the soldiers dragged her behind one of the skinning tables and just out of my view. I listened as the young girl started to scream in unimaginable pain at the hands of her torturers, doing what ever it was they had selected for her.

I jumped back from the front of my cell. While I had heard, seen and experienced the horrific torture first hand, for some reason, the sound of a young child going through the same thing got to me on a level that had not yet been reached. I didn't even fully understand what this place was, or why it was there, but I knew that I had to get out. 

"Get off me you pig! Get off me! Let me go! How dare you lot of worthless bastards do this to us!"

I hurried back to the front of my cell to see a rather large man wrestling with two soldiers, who he'd managed to disarm, with a smaller woman cowering behind him. The soldiers were all very tall men, but the captive fighting against them was noticeably taller still. He was a very built man, likely one who had been used for hard physical labour, which gave him an edge in a hand to hand fight. The two soldiers shouted for assistance as the man threw punches repeatedly, with the woman throwing the odd punch or kick here and there. One soldier pulled a small blade from his belt, before thrusting it into the mans leg, causing him to shriek in pain. The man covered his wound with one hand before grabbed the soldiers throat in his other hand, and crushed it before ripping it out. The soldier stumbled backwards, holding his torn open throat, before falling to the ground into a pool of his own blood as it gushed from his wound. The man clenched his fist before turning back to the other soldier and charging at him. But, before he reached the soldier as he began to flee, several gunshots went off from the side, dropping both the man and the woman to the ground. Jumped back as a stray shot hit the back wall in my cell.

I looked back at the scene only a moment later as several soldiers came to the dead soldiers body and carried it off, while the others dragged the woman away to be tortured and killed, as she was still partially alive. The man however, had been shot in the head, and twice in the chest. His body was dragged off by several soldiers, leaving only several puddles of blood in place of the brief clash. 

"What the hell is this place...." I mumbled to myself.

My body was fallen weak, due to lack of food over the past several days, as I had not been fed once since i'd been captured. The small amount of water provided to me each day didn't last me very long, but it was just enough. Why they gave us water, I wasn't sure. I figured it was to keep us alive long enough to be violently tortured. 

I was pacing back and forth in my cell, before I head the lock on the gate be unlatched. I turned around to see two soldiers, holding a young man, much smaller than them between the two of them.

"See you soon, big boy." One of the soldiers said as they shoved the young man into the cell, locking the gate behind him.

He turned and watched them as they walked away, before looking back at me, and giving me a slight smile.

"Hello." I said with a returning grin.

His smile grew slightly.

"Hi. My name's Noah." He replied.