[Chapter 003] - Hanging Out

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

...He is so handsome, it seems like he may be working out a bit because of his toned figure. I couldn't help but smile. I would really like to know him better, he seems to be a very nice guy.

"...Astrid?"

I woke up from my daydream and saw Hiccup standing in front of me, smiling. I must have just stopped up because we were in front of the classroom door.

"Are you okay? You just stopped and stared into the air," he asked concerned.

I quickly blushed. How embarrassing! He probably thinks I'm strange right now. I honestly don't know what's going on with me, but I just can't help but look at him.

"Yeah... I'm okay," I stammered and smiled at him.

He smiled back again and went into the classroom. I gently followed. When we entered, I could see that there were only 2 seats left available and they were next to each other up front.

YES! Then I can admire more of him I thought. We sat down and our teacher, Mr. Gunnarsen came in through the door to begin the class.

...

After the class we met with the others again, we were almost done with the day, we just needed 1 more class each and then it was over.

We agreed to meet at the park after school to hang out. Something we use to do frequently.

"Don't you wanna join us, Hiccup?" Tuffnut and Jack asked in unison.

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

"Hmm...I don't know... are you sure you want me to?" I said and shrugged.

Tuffnut walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Of course we want you to! And, then we can get to know you better!" He said with a friendly smile.

I felt quite happy inside. It looked like I had already made some new friends.

...

We all agreed to meet after school in the park. I was just quickly at home to change my shirt before I went off. I didn't live very far from the park so I could just walk over there.

"Hey, Hiccup, over here!" Snotlout shouted as I entered the park.

I could see that the group had settled down in the shade of a large tree. They sat on a large red blanket and played UNO.

I started to jog a bit towards them. It looked so nice and cozy.

"Hiccup, do you wanna play?" Jack asked with a smile as I approached them.

I smiled back. "Yes, of course!"

I sat down, took off my bag and my eyes immediately met Astrid's. I smiled at her. She blushed and smiled back. I couldn't stop looking straight into her beautiful ocean-blue eyes as she sat there, leaning against the trunk of the tree. It was something special...

Our moment was quickly interrupted by Jack who gave me 7 cards. I changed to a more comfortable position and we started playing.

"So, Jack told me you like pizza? Am I right?" Tuffnut asked while we played.

"Yes, I love pizza," I laughed and looked at Jack with a smile. He shrugged and laughed.

"Okay, well, because I was wondering if you would like to... I don't know, maybe you would like to join our monthly game night. We all tend to be there. Someone stays over for the night, others don't. We watch movies, play games, talks and eat pizza. " Tuffnut said looking at me with excited eyes and a big smile.

The whole group now suddenly sat looking at me with excited eyes. They must like me since they want to spend time with me. Jack had probably put in a good word for me.

"If you want me to, I would like to," I answered happily.

"That's a deal then, I'll tell you when and where it's going to be when we find a suitable date, okay?" Tuffnut made clear and looked back down at his cards.

The time just went by as we played UNO and talked. We had a good time...

...

Hey, Dad, I'm home," I yelled as I entered the big house. I took off my jacket and hung it on the hook. I went up to my room and threw myself down on my bed. I turned on the TV and switched through different channels.

My dog, Toothless, came into my room. He carefully jumped up and rested on my chair. I could then hear someone approaching my door.

"Ay, son, how was your day at school?" My dad, Stoick, asked and entered my room with a stack of papers in his hand. He put down the papers on my table, walked over to me and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"It was a great day! I've already gotten a lot of new friends," I said enthusiastically while still switching through channels. I was actually looking forward to tomorrow.

Stoick smiled. "Good to hear, son,"

He went up and over to my window, looking down at the busy street.

"I ... have a lot of work to do tonight, you can just take some food in the fridge and otherwise I'll leave some money on the kitchen table so you can go down and buy something. And I'll also take Toothless with me, okay? "

I sighed. "Okay, Dad, see you"

My dad turned around again and went over to take his papers again. He flipped through them and went back to his office.

My dad was the Mayor and that meant he always had some sort of work to do. He was always so busy and I mostly had to be home alone and watch myself.

I kept switching and finally, I found a channel I was interested in. It was a movie about dragons and Vikings. I hadn't told anyone yet, but I really love dragons, they are some amazing creatures. I find it fascinating how they can just burn a whole house to the ground with their breath.

I leaned back and began to watch the movie even though it had already started...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Out Shopping ]