[Chapter 080] - Mood Swings?

[Astrid's Point Of View]

......................................................................

I woke up to the annoying beeping of my alarm. I groaned and stretched myself, tiredly getting out of bed.

*beep* *beep *beep*

The annoying beeping kept going, so I turned around, harshly slamming my hand onto the alarm and turned it off.

...Wow, where did that come from?... I guess I was feeling a little angry...

I shook my head free from my thoughts and headed for my closet to get into today's outfit. I chose a black pair of jeans, together with a white shirt. I brushed my hair, braided it and headed downstairs.

I smiled as I remembered the events today. I was also looking forward to seeing my friends again, especially my boyfriend!

I don't know why I had the feeling of really missing everyone suddenly... Guess I'm just a bit emotional today...

I headed into the kitchen and sat down, grabbing a plate of breakfast. Starting to eat, I realized my mom and dad wasn't in the kitchen as they usually are...

"Mom?" I called out carefully. I expect my dad surely had a meeting to attend to...

"Yes? What's wrong, sweetheart?" Mom said, appearing in the doorframe with a tired smile.

"S-sorry... I just wanted to make sure you were there..." I said, continuing to eat my breakfast. Why was I feeling so afraid suddenly...

My mom snorted, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Good to know you are awake then..." She laughed. "Anyway, are you still settled on homemade pizza tonight?"

"Hell yeah! I know Hiccup would love it!" I exclaimed happily. I felt so full of energy!

My mom chuckled. "Wow, wow, calm down those arms! You shouldn't knock anything over" she said and grabbed my wrists. I didn't even realize my own actions... And apparently, my arms had flown into the air in pure happiness.

"I'm sorry" I apologized. "Guess, I'm just a little hype right now..."

My mom chuckled and went back into the living room. "You better finish your breakfast, I will drive you to school in 10 minutes..."

I gave her an 'okay' and increased my eating speed a little. I felt some slight buzzing from my phone while eating, so I carefully fished it up from my pocket. It was just a bunch of messages that I've missed, but nothing really important...

...

After my successful multitasking, I put the plate in the sink and headed upstairs for all my stuff before going to school. Grabbing my bag, I glanced the clock, realizing I only had around 20 minutes before school starts...

...I don't want to be late!!! And I don't want to stress out either, which I'm already doing, which is bad and makes me go nuts, which I can't handle-

-Calm down!! I can handle this, I just have to stay calm and not worry...

I took a deep breath. I don't even know why I feel like this today...

...Maybe it's because of my period... Since I sometimes tend to have some very extreme so-called mood swings...

...It hasn't affected me much, but here at these last few months I really feel them kick in sometimes...

...I haven't told anyone...

I quickly remembered what I was doing and headed back out to the hallway. I ran down the stairs - carefully of not falling - and went into the living room. My mom was still doing some work on her computer but turned it off as she saw me standing ready in the doorway.

"Just get to the car, I'll be there in a minute," she said and stood up.

I nodded and turned around, making my way to the door. I got out and headed to the car, checking my phone and texting Ruffnut.

...I wanted to tell her about my mood swings today, maybe it's best if someone knows... Or maybe not?...

...Well, then, I'll tell her that I'm feeling good today, instead...

...I just really had the urge to text her about something... I don't know why...

I made the message simple but filling it with different emojis to spice it up...

I hit 'send' and opened the door to the car, getting inside. I buckled up myself before hearing a quiet buzz coming from my phone. I reached for it and checked the newly-received message.

...It was Ruffnut replying with a text saying; 'Same'

I felt really happy I just wanted to see her again. I missed her already...

I accidentally clicked on the 'home button', bringing me out to the beautiful picture of Hiccup.

...Gods! I missed him even more!...

...I had changed my home screen into a picture Hiccup, so no matter where on my phone I was, I could admire him...

I was suddenly brought out of my trance as the door to the driver's seat got opened.

"Sorry, I just had a quick call..." My mom apologized. She buckled herself before starting the car and driving toward the school.

...

After a few minutes of driving, we pulled into the school's parking lot. It was feeling a little empty on the school ground... At least that was what I was feeling...

I stepped out of the car a waved bye to my mom. I watched as she drove out of the parking lot and onto the road, disappearing into the street.

I sighed and turned around, making my way towards the entrance...

On the way over there, I was desperately trying to find any familiar face, but I wasn't that lucky.

...But then I spotted Hiccup's motorbike, parked at one of the slots, so he must be here...

A wide smile made its way onto my lips as I grabbed the handle, pulling open the door and entering the school.

I looked down the hallway to see if anyone was there...

...But no one I knew was in sight...

I felt sad, I lowered my head, looking at the floor and began making my way to my locker.

...Why today!?! Why today?!? I want to be happy!!

...

As I made my way closer to my locker, I started to hear a conversation. I quickly lifted up my head as I realized, that I knew the owners of those voices.

And to my joy, it was the whole gang, standing in front of my locker, talking.

"BABE!" I shouted and began to run, making all of them - especially Hiccup - turn around and smile.

I ran as fast as I could, wanting to be close to him again.

I kept running, having a genuinely happy smile curved onto my lips. I reached him and jumped, wrapping my legs around his hips and hugging him tightly.

...I never felt like missing someone like that before...

I'm just happy to be in his arms!!...

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: Gods! I missed You!]