[Chapter 015] - Thinking Of Asking

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

We all had a fun conversation; Elsa, Anna, Jack, Snotlout, Astrid and I... Fishlegs was going to the dentist, so he will no longer be at school today.

Astrid had presented her list of activities and films she hoped we could do. It seemed to be a really nice planned weekend.

Our conversation was unfortunately stopped by the bell, which rang in for class. Time goes by so fast when you have fun.

I am supposed to have a Geography class now. I really liked learning about Earth's features and different countries so it should be a fun class...

...

...

I was done with school for today. Now, so I just had to get home and relax. I knew my dad wasn't at home because he was at a meeting.

And therefore I had to make myself a dinner again. I don't even have to think about what I would like, there's only one answer... PIZZA!

I could feel a slight vibration in my pocket. I just got a message.

[01:39 pm] Jack: Hey, you haven't started to walk home yet?

[01:39 pm] Hiccup: No, but I'm about to

[01:40 pm] Jack: Wait for me at the school entrance, will be there in 2

[01:40 pm] Hiccup: K

I went outside and sat down on the stairs. I saw Astrid and Ruffnut walking down the street. It looked like they were on their way home to Astrid.

I smiled at the thought of Astrid... Since she and I started talking more, we have become really good friends. And if I have to be honest... I have a crush on her...

"Daydreaming" Jack teased when he saw me sitting and looking out into the air.

"Oh, hey, Jack... didn't see you," I said awkwardly.

He laughed and gave me a hand to get up. He knew well that I had feelings for Astrid.

We walked together on the sidewalk towards Jack's house. He lived close to the school so I will follow him home and then go home to myself afterward.

"Jack? Have you ever .... you know...  had strong feelings for someone before," I asked nervously. I would like some help to... get my feelings confessed to Astrid. But I did not know if she felt the same way, in which case we have not known each other for more than 4 days.

Jack smiled. "Ahh, you're thinking of Astrid don't you?"

I sighed. "I don't know ...I just can't be in myself lately... I can't help but think of her and when I finally come to other thoughts, I get a message from her or get reminded about her again. It's like she just fits into my life "

Jack smiled. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel?" He put a hand on my shoulders.

"It may sound too strange... but I dare not take the chance... yet," I said quietly. I did not want to risk our friendship being destroyed.

"I'm sure it'll go, you two can't keep your eyes apart," Jack laughed.

I smiled at him. Maybe he was right... but I still want to wait for a little.

We came to Jack's house and we said goodbye. I continued up the street to my own house.

I just walked slowly and thought about ways to ask Astrid if she wanted to be my girlfriend, but I'm really bad at that... I've never had a girlfriend before...

There weren't any of the girls from my old school that I found interesting, however, many of them were very interested in me. A bit annoying in the long run, but I got used to it.

I was finally arriving at my own house. I found my key, unlocked the door and went inside. As expected, my father was not at home, but in return, Toothless was here.

"Hey, bud" I greeted when he came running out to me in the hallway. I loved my dog, he was my best friend of all... and then Jack came as my second best friend.

Toothless waged his tail at the sight of me. He must be bored when there is no one at home to entertain him.

I went into the kitchen and saw that a note was hanging on the fridge:

Ay, son.

I will try to be home around 9:30 am.

There is food in the fridge, otherwise, you

can just buy a pizza or whatever you want.

I've taken a walk with Toothless.

Remember to lock the door if you leave the house!

-Dad

I read out the note and put it on the kitchen table. It didn't matter that much that my dad wasn't at home so often. Of course, he was more at home when I was a kid, it is important for good parenting. But now that I was a teenager, it didn't do much... Then I had more time for myself.

I sat down on the couch and put on a movie from Netflix. How to train your dragon. Best movie ever!

Toothless jumped up beside me. He did not shed or make a mess so it was okay. He was allowed to.

________________________________________

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

I have just gotten home from school with Ruffnut. We had talked about girl-stuff all the way home. I had asked her not to mention Hiccup because otherwise, I would just blush to death.

She had told me how much Tuffnut was looking forward to the Game night. He didn't do anything but talking about snacks, movies, activities and the night.

If I have to be honest, I am also looking forward. We had agreed to watch horror movies since it could be fun. It was always fun. Especially when we all were under the blankets on the sofa.

I can hardly wait!

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Planning Homework]