[Chapter 098] - A Text In The Morning

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

I woke up early today and decided, that I wanted to meet up with Astrid to have a little time alone before school. I quickly had a shower and got dressed. My dad was at work, so I just grabbed an apple and a granola bar for breakfast, before exiting the door.

I was planning on taking my motorbike to school, but then again... I feel like I need some exercise, so I decided to go with my ordinary, old, grey-black bicycle instead.

I haven't used it since I got my driver's license, so my dad had put it away in the shed to prevent it from being stolen...

I went out in the garden and over to the shed. I opened the door and stepped inside. There was very dusty and this shed had no windows, so it was very dark and I couldn't see much.

I knew there was a light switch, just didn't know where...

I placed my hand on the wall and began to trace along, hoping to crash into the switch at some point...

...

After a few struggles and a lot of cobwebs, I finally found it and switched it on, revealing a lot of old stuff.

I looked around and got a little surprised...

Most of this stuff, I thought we had thrown out, but all the time it had been stored here...

A smile grew onto my lips as I spotted my old skateboard. It was a little worn, and need some painting in a few spots, but I bet it still rolls just fine.

I reached out for it and pulled it out of the stack. I couldn't stop looking at it and checked all the features of it. It was actually not that bad-looking after all...

Wonder if I still know how to skate?... ...Only one way to find out...

I went out of the shed and closed the door behind me. It was a bright shiny day and now I could clearly see the design, painted on the board.

It was a black dragon. I remember the obsession, I had about dragons when I was young. How they filled up every day for me...

...I still love dragons! But when I was younger I couldn't think of anything else...

I smiled at the thought and made my way to the front yard. I had the feeling Astrid was busy, so I wanted to text her... Just to make sure I don't intrude or anything...

...And she may be busy with her guests as well, which probably isn't a good idea to disturb...

...I mean, they haven't seen each other for years and maybe they need some bonding time...

I reached for my phone and thoughtfully wrote her a text...

________________________________________

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

"Okay, but seriously! I must introduce them to you!" I laughed. "Maybe Anna could teach you how to control Snotlout..."

Heather chuckled. "...But" She asked, a bit of concerned appearing in her eyes. "...What if they don't like me...?"

I smiled widely as I remembered how they had treated Hiccup. "Don't worry about it! I'm sure they'll love you!"