[Chapter 014] - Looking Forward

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

I hardly got any sleep. I had thought of him all night long. I thought of his kindness, his charm and, overall, his personality.

...I LOVE IT!!!

Nor can I forget that I had the opportunity to give him a hug. It felt so good to be so close to him. I seriously believe that I am..... In love...

The morning came and the sun shone in through my window. I was awake... just as I've been for the last 3 hours.

Just another day to get over and then there wasn't much time until Friday. I had great plans for the weekend. I had spent a bit of the time I was awake, writing a list of activities and movies that I expected we could do.

I turned around and looked at my alarm clock. It was only 6:02 a.m. But now I was beginning to get bored just lying here. I didn't get any sleep...

I got out of bed, took some torn black jeans and a blue sweater and quietly went downstairs. I didn't want to wake up my mother, she gets so stressed out if she doesn't get her sleep...

I tried my best not to make any sounds while gently taking a plate from the cabinet. I made myself a simple breakfast with cereal.

It felt like I was looking forward to going to school. Why? Maybe because of Hiccup? I don't know but I'm just glad I'm in a good mood.

Then, I suddenly got a message.

[06:19 am] Hiccup: Hey, you awake?

[06:19 am] Astrid: Yep, what's up ?:D

[06:20 am] Hiccup: Not much... but I didn't get to say thanks for a cozy walk yesterday:D

[06:20 am] Astrid: No, No, No, It's me who say thanks!!! It was so fun :DD

[06:21 am] Hiccup: :O Okay but still thanks

[06:22 am] Astrid: May I ask you something?

[06:22 am] Hiccup: Yes of course ;D

[06:23 am] Astrid: Do you mind walking to school today?

[06:23 am] Hiccup: No, I don't mind, why?

[06:24 am] Astrid: I don't know... Maybe we can walk together?

[06:24 am] Hiccup: Sure! We could do that, where are we meeting?

[06:25 am] Astrid: The park? In one hour?

[06:25 am] Hiccup: Deal ;D

[06:25 am] Astrid: Deal, see you ;D

[06:26 am] Hiccup: See you

...

...

I sat on the bench under the willow tree and waited. I was a little early on it, but it didn't matter. I was thinking about where in the world I would like to visit on my next vacation...

My silent thoughts were interrupted when I saw a male person coming in through the entrance of the park. He was wearing a black beanie and a black jacket.

It must be Hiccup. And as the person came closer I could clearly recognize the nice green eyes and the sweet smile.

"Good morning, Astrid," he said and went over towards me.

I got up and went over to greet him.

"Good morning, slept well?" I smiled with a laugh and walked beside him.

He smiled and chuckled. "Yes... as usual," he joked.

We started going to school. I simply couldn't help asking him where and how he lived. It was something I had thought about since he was the Mayor's son. His family may be rich.

"If you'd like to see my house, you could just take with me home one day," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, we could figure out something," I laughed.

We just walked and talked until we got to the school entrance.

"Hey, do you have Math class in the second module?" He asked before we parted.

I nodded smiling.

"Cool, I have Math too. See you there," he said.

I waved to him as he went down to his locker and he waved back. He is so sweet, I am happy that he wants to be my friend...

...

...

Wow... that went quickly. It felt like I had just started... but now I'm done with my Biology class.

I rushed as fast as I could to the Math classroom. When I got around the corner I could see Hiccup waiting for me out in front of the classroom. I smiled and ran toward him.

"Hey" I smiled as I came over to him.

"Hey," he smiled back and gestured me to go inside.

We walked together into the classroom and sat next to each other. As soon as we sat down, our teacher came in through the door.

"Good, class, today we have to do collaborative exercises. I have made a list of who will work together."

The teacher started reading out loud from the list. I was just waiting for my name to be mentioned.

...

"...is working together with Toké. And last but not least, Astrid you are working together with Hiccup" The teacher clarified and looked at us.

YAY! I am so lucky! I had really really hoped to work together with Hiccup. The gods must have heard me...

All the other students started with their assignment. There were 7 pages of math that had to be done to Monday.

"So, are you good at math?" Hiccup asked and moved his chair to my table.

I smiled. "There is only one way to find out," I laughed.

We started on our assignment and made as many of the calculations as we could before the class ended.

...

"Maybe we should continue tomorrow?" I said. "I'm about to be hungry, aren't you too?"

Hiccup nodded and packed his things together, after which we went down to the cafeteria.

We came to the cafeteria and sat down at the usual table with our friends.

"Hey there, guys" Tuffnut greeted as we sat down.

"We've got the best news for you," Ruffnut added with an excited expression.

"Yeah?" I said curiously. I could see that Hiccup was just as curious as I was.

"Our parents are already leaving tomorrow so we can start the Game night after school tomorrow if you want to. The others are coming there," Tuffnut said eagerly.

This just got better and better. I nodded happily to them. It suited me perfectly so I shouldn't be bored at home anyway.

It'll be a good day tomorrow!

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Thinking Of Asking]