[Chapter 026] - I Want To See Him!

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

......."ASTRID NO!"

......."ASTRID"

Those words just repeated themselves inside my head. It was all dark, I couldn't see or feel anything...

...

But then... I suddenly started to feel the light, feel the warmth...

I slowly opened my eyes...

In the start, I couldn't see anything clear, it was all white, blurred and out of focus.

I groaned a bit as my eyes adjusted to the light in the room. Where was I?

I looked around, still while everything was blurry, and to my surprise, I could sense my mom and dad beside me. My mom had tears in her eyes and my dad was looking very concerned.

"Mom? Dad? What happened?" I asked. My eyes then let me get a good look at my surroundings, I was currently laying in a hospital bed...

"Astrid, dear, how are you feeling?" My mom asked and took my hand. She rubbed the back of my palm with her thumb.

My dad carefully went over and gently placed his hand on my forehead. I could feel his cold hand, I must be sick or something since I was so warm.

"I don't remember anything... What happened? Why am I here?" I whispered.

My dad went over to my mom and they both now gave me their concerned looks. I didn't have a good feeling about this.

"You... were close..." My dad stammered.

...Close to what?

"Close to what? Dying?" I asked and sat up. But as soon as I sat up, my head began to ache. I groaned in pain and laid back down again.

"You nearly got hit... by a car," my mom said and looked at me again with her concerned look.

Now I slowly got a little of my memory back.

...

'.......ASTRID NO!'

...

I quickly sat up again. "HICCUP! Oh no" I cried. My dad went over and sat by the edge of the bed and pulled me in for a hug.

"What happened... to him?" I asked very terrified. I only remember the harsh push in my back... nothing after that.

"Hiccup... he managed to prevent the car from hitting you," my mom explained and went to my other side.

"But... But what happened to him then?" I was beginning to panic, It didn't sound good at all.

My mom sighed deeply. "We have just talked to Stoick, Hiccup's dad... and he told us that Hiccup is gonna go through a surgery later..."

I was speechless. Surgery didn't sound good at all!!!

"He saved you..." My dad added.

I began to shed tears. I felt so guilty in this. This never happened if I just didn't run. I felt like I should have given him time to explain.

"Oh no, no... no this is my fault" I cried. "Please let me see him"

"He is in ...coma right now... You should go get some rest" my dad said and went over to the window.

"I don't care! I wanna see him...NOW!" I ordered. I can't just lay here and rest when my crush is going through a surgery... especially since it's my fault!

"NO, you can't... we are not allowed, even Stoick isn't allowed while they operate" my dad made clear.

"But, when can I see him then?!?!" I asked. I was so afraid. What if he didn't make it. I couldn't lose him...

My dad sighed and looked at the clock. It was 01:13 p.m. now. I must have been unconscious for many hours... 'cause I only remember finishing breakfast at the twins.

"Stoick said, the surgery would start 01:20 p.m.," my mom pointed out.

"How long is it going to be?" I asked concerned. I really want to apologize for being such a B#&ch to him. It was rude of me to shout at him like that... I know, but I was so depressed...

"We don't know yet... but don't count on seeing him the next 4 hours," my dad said.

"4 hours?!" I exclaimed. "Are you seriously kidding me... I'm probably dead by then" I couldn't wait until then...

My mom and dad just looked questionably at each other. I could tell them how I felt about Hiccup... That he is my crush...

I was just about to open my mouth but didn't get to confess as a doctor entered the room, holding a clipboard and a pen in his hands.

He went over to us and looked at me. "Astrid Hoffersen? Am I right?" He asked.

"Ye-yes... It's me sir" I stuttered.

The doctor looked at his clipboard and found my name. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"My head is constantly aching," I said.

He wrote down my words and went over to a table in the corner. "It was a pretty harsh fall that caused your head to collide with the sidewalk" he started.

"You are lucky... no big injuries, but you got a concussion so you better get some sleep" he said and took out some pills from a container on the table.

He went over to me and handed me the pills. "Here, those will reduce the aching so you can sleep," he said and I nodded.

"But sir?" I asked as he was about to turn around.

"Yes," he said and looked at me.

"Do you know, when the surgery on Hiccup Haddock is complete?" I gently asked.

The doctor frowned and took a glance at the clock. "If everything goes well... then about 3-4 hours from now," he said.

I sighed deeply."Thank you, sir," I thanked.

He nodded and turned around to leave the room. Then my mom came over and handed me a glass of water. I put the pills in my mouth and took the glass. I swallowed then and laid back down.

I was beginning to feel tired now. But I just had a desire to see Hiccup, to feel him, to talk with him, to see his beautiful and cute emerald-green eyes again...

But I had to get some sleep now...

"Please wake me up when you hear any news, okay?" I asked.

"We will... don't worry dear, just get some sleep," my mom said and carefully stroke my forehead.

I slowly fell asleep...

...

...

...

A few hours later I woke up to a gentle whispering of my name. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom sitting by the end of my bed. She was looking happier now...

"Hiccup's surgery is done..."

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: I Am Really Sorry!]