[Chapter 090] - Berserkers On The Way

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

After both Hiccup and I got dressed, we headed down the stairs to the kitchen for some delicious breakfast. I was actually feeling rather hungry at the moment, so I hoped my mom had made something special since I now had my boyfriend over.

And to my luck, my mom had been making waffles. I love her waffles! They are the best!

"Morning you two," my mom greeted with a wide smile as we entered the kitchen. "Sit down and grab a plate, we are in a bit of a hurry..."

I grabbed Hiccup's wrist - after he greeted my mom back politely - and led him to one of the chairs, making him sit down before I sat down on the chair next to.

I took a quick glance at the clock and noticed, that it was already 07:30 a.m.

We better hurry up! Else we would be late for school...

While we ate, quietness filled the whole kitchen. It was right at the tip of being an awkward atmosphere, so I decided to break this silence;

"Mom? Hiccup and I are gonna be hanging out with the gang when school is over... " I said and glanced at my sleepy and smiling boyfriend. "Don't anticipate I'll be back before 5 o' clock... If not, then 6 o' clock - depends on what we are doing..."

My mom stopped cooking for a moment and turned around to look at me. "It's okay... But, how would you be able to get home then? 5 o' clock is already fairly dark outside, now that winter time is coming soon!" She said and placed another plate of waffles in front of Hiccup and me. "- Because dad is busy at a meeting and won't be home before very late this evening"

I frowned. "But why can't you pick me up then?"

"I'm not at home either! Don't you remember when I told you I was going to pick up the Berserkers at the airport tonight?" My mom said and then looked at Hiccup who was clearly lost. "The 'Berserkers' is what we call my sister's family... And they are going to stay here for a few days before they leave again"

Hiccup nodded understandingly. "So, they are your Uncle, Aunt, Cousins?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yep, 6 people are going to be living here for the next few days... It's gonna be exhausting..." I sighed.

...True... My Aunt's family consists of Helma and Oswald - my aunt and uncle - and then there are their kids:

Dagur - orangey-red hair, tall, buff and a little weird, but still funny... He is not my genetical cousin since he is Oswald's oldest son from an earlier marriage and doesn't belong to Helma biologically, but he still considers her as his mom.

Then there is Heather - not my genetical cousin either, also belongs to Oswald, but the same age as me and jet black hair and - as far as I remember - a very slim and trained figure. She is sweet and caring and I remember how she and I used to have girl talks just like the ones I have with Ruffnut.

...She is like my second best friend, but 2 years had passed since the last time we saw each other... I don't even know if she's still the same or if she has changed...

And not to forget the, now, 8-year old twins; Liam and Lily - those two are the complete opposite of each other. Lily is a lot like Heather and Liam is a lot like Dagur.

...But together, they are troublemakers and can easily get very angry at each other...

"It's not gonna be exhausting, Astrid" my mom calmed. "You and Heather would sure have a good time, you could even show her around now that they are staying" she encouraged, smiling.

"I could do that..." I mumbled under my breath. My family always visit them and never the other way around because the twins were too you to fly, so this would actually be the first time Heather steps her foot in Berk.

My mom still smiled. "You could even introduce them to Hiccup... If you feel like..."

I looked at Hiccup and he was smiling softly. I smiled. "I'll think about it..." Then sighed. "I don't even know how Heather turned out... Maybe she had changed..."

"Heather?" Hiccup asked. "Is she one of your cousins?"

I nodded. "She and I were good friends... I wonder if she has grown taller"

"In 2 years, a lot can happen" my mom chuckled. "It wouldn't surprise me if she is getting as tall as Dagur... Poor girl, I hope not..."

"Speaking of Dagur, do think he is still that maniac, who likes to scare the crap out of me whenever I'm alone?..." I asked. "Not to add the way he shouts when he gets displeased..."

My mom sighed. "You know he has some anger issues, but Helma told me he won't be bothering you since he is busy with finding a job. He is actually looking for one here in Berk, so he would probably be a lot out of the house..."

A satisfied smile made its way onto my lips. "Well, that only leaves the twins as 'out-of-control'..."

"Trust me, they won't cause any trouble! And if they do, they'll have to face my angry side!" My mom said sternly. She turned around to turn off the stove.

"Poor kids. I really hope that never happens" I laughed. I know my mom's angry side, and trust me... That is not something you play with!...

I looked to my side to see Hiccup laughing as well. "They seem to be a mixed bag of jelly beans" he mumbled.

"EXACTLY!" I exclaimed and laughed as well.

My mom turned around. "You better eat up and get ready, we are driving in 5 minutes"

We both stopped laughing and cleaned up the table. Hiccup was very polite and insisted on carrying all the stuff to the kitchen.

"Thanks for breakfast Mrs. Hofferson! It was really tasty!" He said.

My mom chuckled. "Thank you too! I'm glad you like it!" She then looked at me with a smirk. "You have to invite your boyfriend a little more often, Astrid. He is a really good company!"

"I'll think about it" I teased with a smug smirk. "Now c'mon Hiccup. Let's get our stuff"

Hiccup nodded and placed down the things - he was carrying - on the table. "And... If you want... I could drive Astrid home safely tonight..." He said and scratched the back of his head.

My mom smiled widely. "That would be lovely! Thank you Hiccup!" She went and placed her palm on his cheek. "You have certainly found a good and protective one, Astrid!"

I could feel my face becoming red. "Enough talking, come on," I said, this time grabbing his hand and leading him up to my room.

...

After my mom dropped us off at school, she looked at me seriously. "Astrid? There is one more thing," she said, looking at me and Hiccup seriously.

I looked back and nodded slowly.

"Because we are having guests, you can not go home to anyone or have anyone with you home after school, okay?" She said.

I frowned. "Why?!"

"Because I said it! You know how my sister's family is... Just don't, okay?" She clarified.

I swallowed and looked at Hiccup. I was hoping to get home to him or bring him home, but apparently not... "...Okay" I sighed sadly...

"Good! Now get on, you'll be late!" My mom said and closed the door before driving away.

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: A Talk About Love Life]