[Chapter 117] - Find The Right

[Astrid's Point Of View]

......................................................................

Time went so fast as I walked around in different shops. I had come around a few things that I liked, so the weight in the bag was getting heavier and heavier.

The gift for Hiccup was almost complete! It currently contained: a few shirts, a cologne, and a new wristwatch. It was pretty basic at the moment and I felt like it needed a bit more personality.

As I walked down the street of the mall, I spotted a sign made like a big red heart. It completely caught my attention, so I went in that direction.

...

The store was big. It had a lot of stuff to display. I read the sign - it was a 'love store', meaning they had almost everything when it comes to couples, first dates, Valentine's Day, and Romance in general.

Maybe this is what I'm searching for?...

I slowly made my way inside. Shelves filled with various, red-and-pink colored decorations filled the room. They had a lot of stuff in here.

My eyes then found another sign in the corner of the shop: Photo-cards! Make your own card, and add photos of your favorite moment!

It sounded like I could make a card with my own pictures...

Maybe that idea isn't bad at all...

I made my way over there to see how it was going to run.

As I approached, a middle-aged woman smiled warmly.

"Hello dear, is there something I could help with?" She asked.

I smiled back. "Yes, I'm looking for the last piece of my gift to my boyfriend, and I thought the photo-card would be perfect"

The lady nodded and went out from behind the counter. "Come, follow me, I'll show you how it works," she said.

I happily obeyed. I had thought about which pictures I wanted on that card... But I have to see how many I could squeeze in...

We got to a table where a computer was connected to a printer of some sort.

"You first chose which card you want - size, color, material. Then you take the pictures you like from your phone and send them to the address," she explained and pointed at the sign behind the computer. "Remember, everything you send to this computer will be deleted after 1 hour, so you don't have to worry about privacy"

I smiled. "Thanks for the help!"

She smiled back. "You are welcome. Just come back to the counter when your card is done, and call for me if you have any difficulties, okay?"

I nodded. "I will!"

The lady went back behind the counter and continued her work. I now had to choose a card.

I tapped my chin. What is Hiccup's favorite color?... AH! Green! Of course! I grabbed a bunch of green cards. They had all different sizes, but I decided to go with a 30 x 40-centimeters card. It was big, but I needed it for all the pictures. Hehe.

As all the pictures I choose were sent, I waited for them to pop up on the screen. After one minute or so, they all appeared. Now I could move then around and place them as I wanted to.

This was perfect!

...

...

I now finally had my card. It was looking so pretty. I had a total of 10 pictures on the card. Some of which was of both Hiccup and me - I had a few with us kissing different places.

I was very happy with my work! I hope he likes it too...

I then paid for the goods, said 'bye' to the helpful woman, an left the shop. I could suddenly feel my phone start to buzz, so I fished it out of my pocket and put it to my ear.

"Yes?" I said.

"Astrid? Where are you?! It's 02:34" Ruffnut sounded worried for me.

I then realized I was late, all those thoughts inside that shop made me forget about time completely...

"I'm sorry, I had a thing to do, but I'm on my way" I assured.

I tried to walk as fast as I could to get to the meeting point. I couldn't be the reason Hiccup's surprise-party gets delayed...

...

I finally reached them. We had no time to waste, so we just all jumped in Snotlout's car - Yes, he has a driver's license too.

...

As we sat in the car, we presented the gifts to each other. Elsa and Ruffnut bought a shirt with a print that says: I'm taken, I'm cool, I'm 18. Funny... and True.

The boys all gave him a bag of chips and a... bottle of booze?!

What?! How did they get that?!

I decided it was best not to question anything right now. Maybe it was a tradition or something among boys?...

...

...

We pulled up in Hiccup's driveway - making sure to be as discreet as possible with the parking. We all silently jumped out of the car and sneaked to the front door.

I was the one voted for to ring the bell, so I was standing in front as well. I made sure everybody was okay before I pressed the button.

A few seconds went before we heard the lock getting unlocked, and the door opened, revealing a confused Hiccup.

"SURPRISE!!" We all exclaimed.

Hiccup's face immediately shifted from confused to overwhelming. He was speechless as he stood there.

"Um... Hi, guys" Hiccup chuckled. I'm sure he didn't expect this at all.

"Happy 18 years!!" The boys exclaimed. They stormed up and gave him a hug.

Hiccup was smiling like an idiot. "Why don't you guys come in?" He laughed as he was buried in hugs from all of us now.

...

I closed the door behind me. All the boys were inside the living room at the moment. I turned around and immediately found myself in a protective embrace.

"Hello, M'lady" Hiccup mumbled with his face buried in my hair.

I chuckled. "Hello, handsome". I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Happy birthday" I smiled before kissing him.

......................................................................

[- Next Chapter: Happy Birthday!]