[Chapter 022] - The Horror Movie

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

"Let's do it then!!!!" Ruffnut and Elsa shouted excited.

"I will turn on the TV again," Ruffnut said and walked over to the TV area. She turned it on and went on Netflix.

"Any wishes?" She asked and looked back at us.

People started talking and suddenly Anna spoke out loud. "How about that one...I can't remember what it's called... wait, I think it's called 'The Conjuring'... yeah, that's what it's called"

We all looked confused at Anna. I haven't seen that movie yet, maybe it could work... only if it is scary though.

After a couple of seconds of discussion, we all agreed on that movie. All of us had heard about it but none of us had seen it before... except for Anna of course, but it was a while ago. Additionally, she said she missed half of the movie due to closing her eyes in fright.

Ruffnut began searching for the movie. "Oh... Is it this one? Looks pretty scary" she asked and pointed at a movie that had a picture of a rope hanging from a tree. In the background of the picture, there was an old creepy house. This was definitely a horror movie...

Anna stood up a went over to get a closer look at the picture.

"Yes, that's the one" she announced and clapped her hands excitedly.

Ruffnut clicked on it. "Okay guys, finish your pizza and get over here, the movie starts in a bit. I'll find some blankets and pillows for us" she said and went out to the stairs in a hurry.

I ate the last piece of my pizza and stood up together with Jack, Snotlout and Elsa. Astrid, Tuffnut, Fishlegs, and Anna were still eating.

Jack put an arm around my shoulders and gestured me to follow. I did so and we went over to the sofas. He and I sat down in the big one in front of the TV. I could see that Snotlout was planning on laying on the floor and... Elsa sat beside Jack.

I turned my head and shot a glance at Jack for a second.

What... He was blushing? - I mean I had never in my entire life seen Jack blushing like that...

Was he?- Nah, nevermind...

I smirked and turned my back at the screen. As I did that, Fishlegs, Tuffnut, and Anna came and sat down as well. Tuffnut sat on the other sofa while Anna and Fishlegs laid down at the floor together with Snotlout.

Anna grinned and leaned in to whisper something to Snotlout. "I heard, that, it's a story about a haunted house and this very unlucky family is mov-"

"Shush, don't spoil it! Then it's not fun" Snotlout quickly commanded with a laugh.

"Here guys, take one of each" Ruffnut said as she handed out blankets and pillows. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and put it on my lap.

"POPCORN!!" Elsa shouted as she saw Astrid struggling behind Ruffnut, carrying some bowls and a big bag of popcorn.

I could see that it was hard for Astrid to carry all this stuff at the same time so I stood up and went over to help her out.

"Here, let me help you" I whispered and took the bowls out of her hand. She smiled and I swear I could sense some red-pink cheeks, now she could hold the big bag of popcorn properly.

She and I now went over to the group and I handed out the bowls while Astrid followed up by filling them with popcorn.

As we had given everybody a bowl, I had only one bowl left. That meant Astrid and I should share - which was completely fine with me.

I sat down on the sofa where I was sitting before. Ruffnut was sitting beside her brother on the smaller sofa so, unless Astrid wanted to lay on the floor, she could sit beside me - which also was completely fine with me.

I made eye contact with Astrid as she continued on filling the others' bowls with popcorn. She finished filling Fishleg's bowl and went over to me.

"So, I guess we will share," she said and sat down beside me. I nodded with a smile and put the bowl in the middle of us. She began filling it with popcorn and suddenly Tuffnut had turned off the lights in the living room, making it a more scary atmosphere. He sat back down on the sofa and put the blanket over him.

"I think we are ready," Tuffnut said. "Hit it, Sis!"

Ruffnut pressed start and the movie began. We were all quiet now. I slowly draped the blanket over my body and turned to look at Astrid who did exactly the same. She and I were sitting pretty close now since Jack and Elsa took up a lot of space...

...but I didn't mind...

In the start of the movie, we saw a nasty doll. I don't like dolls - especially not the nasty ones. But it was pretty interesting though so I just kept on watching.

...

...

Now the movie started to be a bit scary and I began to feel Astrid's body pressing lightly against mine. I leaned back and slowly put my arm on the back of the sofa, right behind Astrid.

...Good thing no one noticed...

...

..."EEEEEERRHHHH"

All of us just got a huge jump-scare as something unexpected and horrifying happened in the movie.

Funny thing though was that Snotlout and Tuffnut were the ones who screamed loudest.

I, on the other hand, was a little surprised since I now had TWO people hiding their heads in my side. I was confused since the two persons were Astrid and...Jack!?

I began to laugh as Jack quickly sat up again and pretended this didn't happen. I could see his face was heated in embarrassment. He looked at me and I gave him the I-won't-tell-anyone wink.

Jack smiled as we began to giggle a little over what just happened. He and I then turned back to the movie. It didn't seem as the others noticed it at all...

...But, there was still someone leaning against my side...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: The Perfect One]