[Chapter 025] - The Accident

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

I saw Jack just nodding as Ruffnut whispered something to him. They seemed to be talking about me and Hiccup since they sometimes looked at us. I had a weird feeling about this...

When we finished eating and began to clean up, Jack went over to Hiccup and whispered something him.

Oh no...

"Hey, Astrid, is that yours? I found it on the couch. It has a picture of Hiccup as the lock-screen" Anna asked and held up a phone.

DAMMIT...

"Y-yes... it's mine" I said and grabbed the phone. I was blushing so hard I looked like a tomato in my face.

"Don't worry, I won't tell him" Anna giggled. I gave her a small smile. I felt so awkward right now...

I almost forgot about that... I had his profile picture from Facebook as my lock screen. That way, I could look at him every day...

...Maybe a little creepy but I really, really, really, had a desire to smile at him and look at his cute face every time I was alone...

"Astrid, why don't you ask him? I know how much he means to you..." Anna whispered and put a hand on my shoulder.

I looked down at the floor. "I will! I'm just now sure when..."

I had never really told my feeling to a boy before... So this was going to be my first time... How could I get myself to do it... I'm afraid...

"Astrid, Anna, wanna play RISK?" Tuffnut shouted from the living room.

"Yes, comin'" Anna shouted back. She looked at me.

"Come on Astrid," she said and carefully grabbed my arm and began dragging me to the living room.

"Wait, I will find Hiccup... I'm ready to tell him...now" I said with a nervous voice. All the encouragement from my friends really made me think about this... I just want to get this over... Now...

I looked at Anna. Her face suddenly lightens up and I could see the 'fangirling squeal' starting to appear in her eyes.

"Then, what are you waiting for!? Come on go find him!" She said and patted my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile at her facial expression. She was smirking as wide at her face would allow, looking kind of funny and yet a little creepy...

I took a deep breath. "Do you know where he is at the moment?" I asked.

"I'm not sure but I saw him walking upstairs with Ruffnut a few minutes ago," Anna said and tapped her chin.

Upstairs?!?! With Ruffnut?!?! Doesn't sound good to me...

"Thank you, I will check," I said and rushed out to the stairs and went up. As I came up, I stopped up to try and hear if there was any sound or someone speaking.

I could hear some weak sounds coming from Ruffnut's room. Sounded like someone was having a conversation in there.

I tiptoed over to her door. I could hear the conversation stopped. Then someone, probably Ruffnut, made a frightening scream.

I quickly opened the door.

OH... MY... THOR.....

There, on the floor was Ruffnut and on top of her was...HICCUP

I felt so sad... so betrayed... so shocked... so... so heartbroken...

"Nooo, no please tell me this isn't true, please tell me" I cried, tears forming in my eyes.

"ASTRID, WAIT, IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE" I heard behind me from Hiccup, but I just ran as quick as I could down the stairs to get my shoes on.

As soon as I got them on I saw Hiccup storming down the stairs. "ASTRID, WAIT!!" He begged.

"NO! Leave me alone!" I shouted, opening the door and storming out on the street.

I couldn't believe it... My best friend... And my... crush...

I cried as I rushed towards my house. "ASTRID, PLEASE STOP, I CAN EXPLAIN" Hiccup shouted from behind.

I just kept on running, tears streaming down like waterfalls from my eyes. I don't want to see him, I don't want to see anyone right now.

Why did this happen? Ruffnut liked Eret, not Hiccup... But then again...She thought he was hot and she always used to tell me how lucky I was to be close friends with him...

...But I didn't expect this...

Gods, please wake me up from this nightmare...

I looked behind me and saw Hiccup running for his life to catch me.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I shouted at him.

"ASTRID PLEASE LET ME SPEAK TO YOU" He begged, but I saw it all, I didn't need any stupid excuses!

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I cried but Hiccup didn't stop.

He was clearly running faster than me but I don't want to stop. I was going home now and locking the door!

I used my sleeve to dry my eyes. I had never cried like this before... I felt so heartbroken...

I now reached the end of the street and in front of me, there was a pedestrian crossing. I stopped up and looked for cars before running over the road.

"Astrid..." I heard from behind and felt a pair of strong arms wrapping carefully around me and stopping me from running any longer.

"Please, leave me alone! I don't want to hear your excuses, I saw it all, I know what happened!" I yelled and more tears began rolling down my cheeks.

"Astrid, it was not what it looked like, please let me explain" he pleaded and moved my head so he could look me deeply in my eyes.

I saw him in the eyes. Those eyes... I hoped they could be mine to look at... but no...

My sad mood was really kicking in. I was so betrayed by my own friend... I don't want this anymore.

I harshly shook myself free from his embrace.

"Just leave me alone please!" I shouted and ran over the road. I could only hear my own breath and my heart beating like crazy.

"ASTRID!!!! NO!!!!!"

I suddenly felt a hard push in my back and I fell forward, slamming my head against the sidewalk.

Everything was black... and dark... and silent...

............................................................
[- Next Chapter: I Want To See Him!]