[Chapter 038] - First Day At School

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

Today was a new day. Today was Friday and this, of course, meant that the weekend was close. I couldn't wait to see my friends again!

I woke up to my alarm clock. I groaned and tried to reach an arm out to turn it off. I couldn't reach so I groaned even more and sat up in my bed.

I looked around my room. Feels so empty here now...

I stretched myself and got out of the bed. I grabbed my arm-watch on the table by the side of my bed and stood up.

I had promised the doctors to not run or jump I a week to avoid overloading the new prosthetic...

I went over to my closet and chose a black under-T-shirt and an open, dark-blue, checkered, button-down-shirt. I also picked a pair of black jeans and socks.

Now I was ready for today, so I carefully headed down the stairs and into our kitchen. As I entered the kitchen, I saw my dad cooking and a plate of waffles on the table. It smelled so good!

"Good morning, dad" I greeted and sat down.

My dad turned around and smiled. "Morning, son. Ready for school?"

"Oh, yeah" I laughed and started to eat. It was not every day my dad had made waffles.

My dad finished making the last waffle and sat down across from me and began eating as well. He was supposed to leave tomorrow and go to Berk Region, but today, he was attending some meeting, so he promised me to drive with me to school.

I finished my breakfast and headed back upstairs to pack all my stuff. Astrid had some stuff to pack as well so she and I agreed to meet at the school instead of her coming here.

I really hope I didn't miss too much school...

After packing, I carefully went downstairs again and took on my jacket and shoes. My dad went outside and Gobber was already there, in the limousine, waiting for us.

My dad and I jumped in the car, and Gobber drove towards the school.

...

As we reached the school, Gobber stopped the car and I jumped out. I made sure I got all my stuff and I said goodbye to my dad before Gobber drove on...

I now walked carefully and slowly got over to the school. I opened the entrance door and went inside. I had to go to my locker for my books so that is where I will start.

As I made my way down to my locker, I met the principal.

"Good to see you again, Hiccup! I hope you are feeling better now!" He said and patted me on the shoulders.

"Thank you, sir. I'm happy to be back" I smiled. The principal nodded and proceeded his way down the hall.

I just continued down to my locker. I don't wanna be late for class... But I had a lot of time until then.

I looked around to see if I could spot Astrid or my friends, but there was no sign of them...

I came to my locker and began to enter my code until I suddenly felt a pair of arms, wrapping around my middle. I also felt a face, nuzzling into my back.

"How's my little dork?" Astrid asked chuckling. I couldn't avoid letting out a little chuckle as well. I turned around while Astrid still hugged me.

She let go of me and we just smiled at each other.

"I missed you," I said and put a hand on her cheek.

Astrid giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I missed you too"

I leaned in and she did the same. I soon felt a pair of soft lips on mine. I embraced her waist and pulled her closer.

I love her kisses! They make me so soft inside... I am so addicted...

We just kept on kissing and Astrid carefully pushed me up against the lockers. I didn't mind, this just made the kiss more passionate.

Our good moment, unfortunately, got cut off but someone giggling. "First day at school in a long time, and they are already all over each other"

"Stop it! Let them finish!"

I heard those familiar voices and slowly pulled back. I turned my head to see who it was...

"Hey lovebirds," Jack teased and went over to give me a hug. Ruffnut, Anna and Elsa went over to Astrid, who was blushing like crazy.

I hugged Jack and got greeted by all my friends. They were all here; Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Anna, Fishleg, Snotlout, Jack and Elsa.

Feels good to be back again!...

We talked for a bit and I showed them my prosthetic. They seemed to wonder a lot how I felt and how it was to only have one foot...

They were also very hype about the upcoming weekend, which they had just asked me about.

Astrid told me she had forgotten to ask me about it and the others just teased us with being too focused on each other to remember.

...Which, I have to admit, was a little true...

We all heard the bell rang so we split up. Jack and I were supposed to Chemistry now so we followed each other to the classroom.

On the way over there, Jack suddenly said; "So, Hiccup, be honest with me, okay?"

I frowned. What was Jack about to ask me about?

"Yeah?..." I said.

Jack looked around to see if anyone was listening before he spoke; "you two haven't done 'it' yet?"

I laughed and looked at Jack. "Seriously? We have only been together for, soon, 8 days"

"And?... That doesn't mean you can't have sex!" Jack whispered.

"Maaan, do you really not have anything else on your mind other than that?" I laughed.

I knew Jack was only joking, he knew I haven't had a girlfriend so he was apparently just very curious about my love life...

"Just asking..." Jack said with a wink.

I couldn't help but grin at his remark. "Please, can we just focus on school and take this talk later?"

"...Okay, you are right" Jack agreed.

We went into the classroom and sat down on our chairs, ready to start the class. Chemistry class was fun so this would be an easy day...

...I hope...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Love At School]