[Chapter 019] - A Festive Party Game

[Hiccup's Point Of View]
............................................................

We approached the very excited Ruffnut with wide smiles on our faces.

As we came to their driveway Ruffnut gave Astrid a friendly hug and welcomed her, she then went over to me with a smile.

"Welcome, I'm so happy that you would join us," she said and gave me a friendly hug as well. I, of course, hugged back. I smiled as she gestured us to go inside.

We went into their house, Ruffnut stayed outside since there were a few more coming. As soon as we closed the door, we were met by Tuffnut and Jack.

"Nice to see you! You can just put your bags there" Tuffnut greeted and pointed at the stairs. We shook hands with both of them - I don't know why, but maybe that was just how they did here in the family.

"Now come in, come in, we are starting off soon," he said and gestured us to get into the living room.

They showed us into the living room where Fishlegs and Snotlout already were gathered up around the snack bar.

"Hey, guys, nice to see you!" Astrid said as she got their attention. We greeted them as well and began looking around the house.

The twins lived in a huge house. They had a nice big living room with a big wooden table in the middle. In the corner of the living room, the house had a little addition where there were a big flatscreen TV and some comfortable looking sofas.

All the walls were filled with pictures of different people. They must be a big family living here.

This place is cool, perfect for such an occasion.

"So, guys, the sisters are arriving shortly. Until then, you can just snack at the bar or take a look around" Tuffnut said with an excited smile.

He went over to the music center and pressed some buttons. "Okay with Jazz?" he asked and looked around at us all. He got a nod from all of us and turned on some relaxing, chill jazz in the background.

Astrid decided to go and have a look at the snack bar. She grabbed my wrist and pulled a little, almost making me stumble over my own feet. I smiled and followed her.

"Wow, they really thought of everything" I whispered as I looked at all the different varieties of food and drinks.

Astrid chuckled. "That's what they're known for"

I grabbed two cups and looked at Astrid. "What do you want to drink?" I asked.

Astrid tapped her chin a few times. "I don't know, just the same as you," she said and blushed a bit. I could see her trying to hide her red cheeks from me. I picked out the cola and began pouring it into the cups.

"Here you go," I said and handed her one of the cups.

She smiled and took it, looking dreamily into my eyes. "Well, thank you kindly, sir!" she said with a giggle.

Now I began to blush. This was a little embarrassing, but luckily Tuffnut took everybody's attention - including me.

"The last two have arrived, so let's start tonight off with a game of 'Ultimate Werewolf'" Tuffnut said as dramatically and scary as he could.

We all chuckled a bit at his note and quickly gathered up at the big table. I have only played this game once, and I LOVED it, it's so fun, especially when you're the werewolf or vampire.

Ruffnut, Anna and Elsa came into the living room and greeted everyone as they sat down. I, of course, sat down beside Astrid.

Soon everyone was seated and had conversations across the table while they were waiting for the game to begin.

Then people became quiet and Tuffnut came to the table carrying a small box with a cool picture printed on it. He put the box on the table and began taking out the right amount of cards.

"Anyone who doesn't know the rules?" He asked looking questioningly around at us all through his dreadlocks.

"Good! Then since we are 9 people, I will be the Moderator and we will be playing with 4 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Spellcaster, and 2 Werewolves" he said and began handing out the cards face-down at the table in front of each of us.

Then we began the game and everybody looked at their cards. There was total silence.

"Have, everyone looked at their cards and know what they are?" He asked, again looking around at us all. He took a notepad and a pen and began walking around the table.

"Village, all of you will now go to sleep," he said and made sure everyone had closed their eyes - not that I could see him, but that was what he did as far as I was assuming.

We then took turns waking up if our role was called.

Oh... I forgot to tell you. I got a card that says 'The Seer' so that means I can wake up every night to search for the werewolves.

As my role was called I look up at Tuffnut. He wrote down my name on his notepad to keep track of my role.

"Seer, you may now point at a player to find out if he or she is a werewolf," Tuffnut said in a dramatic voice.

I looked around at them, tapping my chin. I then decided to point at Jack to see if he was a werewolf. Tuffnut pointed at Jack to make sure it was him I wanted to check. I nodded.

"Well, Seer, that person is not a werewolf," he said. "You may now go back to sleep".

As the game progressed, Jack was 'killed' by a werewolf while Snotlout got killed by the village because he was accused of being a werewolf, leaving Ruffnut, Anna, Elsa, Astrid, Fishlegs and I, still in the game.

Tuffnut then ordered us to go to sleep again. He did the usual schedule by calling for the different roles.

When it was my time to make my move, I choose to search Astrid to find out if she was a werewolf...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Admiration Is Controlling]