[Chapter 008] - Do You Like Her?

[Astrid's Point Of View]

............................................................

"May I get your attention, please? Today we're gonna play basketball, so stand up in a row so I can divide you into two teams" our sports teacher said as she went over to us.

We made a long row and our sports teacher gave us the number 1 or 2, starting from the front of the row. When she reached me, I got number 2, so that meant I had to go to team 2.

Luckily for me, I was on the same team as Ruffnut. She and I were really good at basketball.

I kept an eye out on who else came on our team ...In particular, I kept an eye for Hiccup. I expected him and Jack to get on the same team since they stood with one person in between.

The teacher continued to give out numbers. 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1... When she went to Hiccup, I heard he got the number 1. That, of course, meant he and I were on the opposite teams. This should be fun, now it was time for him to show how good he was at basketball.

"Everybody, out on your team, we'll begin shortly" our teacher shouted and went over to the bleachers.

I looked around at the opponent's team, it seemed to be a fair distribution. I looked around and suddenly my eyes stopped at gazed at one special person.

The person, unfortunately, noticed that I was gazing at him so he looked back. I now had eye contact with Hiccup. I couldn't help but look at his beautiful emerald-green eyes.

He is so hot...especially, in his sportswear. He smiled at me, I couldn't help smiling again. His smile is so ... so ... so enchanting, it makes me completely soft inside.

*PFEEEEEEEF*

The game was now started. I shook my head free of my thoughts. I didn't have time to admire him now, I had the fight to win!

Our coach entered the middle of the field and threw the ball into the air over the center line.

I ran as fast as I could to the middle to reach for the ball but it was then unluckily caught by the opponent's team. Now they had the ball and threw it back and forth between their players.

I was so busy focusing on the ball that I didn't notice Hiccup running behind me.

"Hiccup!" Jack yelled and threw the ball to him. Hiccup caught the ball and threw it up against the basket.

It was almost as if the ball was flying dramatically through the air in slow motion. It seemed to be just precise. The ball falls down through the net perfectly.

...He is much better than I had thought...

My jaw was completely open. I just didn't expect that.

He's... so beautiful...

"ASTRID" Ruffnut suddenly shouted. I quickly stiffened, I had just realized that I was starting to gaze admiringly at the Hiccup... again... again...

"Sorry," I said, shaking my head free of thoughts again. I seriously have to stop with this habit of gazing unconsciously at him. It's just strange and creepy.

*PFEEEEEEEF*

The next round started and I kept a better eye on the ball - and Hiccup - this time...

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of View]

............................................................

The game was now over and my whole team cheered with joy because of our victory. We won... pretty hard.

Actually, I was the one who scored the most goals on the team so all the boys came over and gave me a pat on the shoulder and said: "Well done, man!".

I could see that Astrid and Ruffnut were talking about something funny. I tried to mouth read their conversation, but it went too fast for me to understand.

"Hiccup, are you comin' or what?" I suddenly hear from behind. I turned around and saw Jack standing and waiting for me at the door. Apparently, the other guys already had gone to the changing room and now Jack was just waiting for me.

"Yes, I'm on the way" I smiled and ran to him. We walked together into the changing room and went to our bench.

We sat down to take our shoes off. The other boys were already done with changing so they were on their way out.

Not even 2 minutes passed, and Jack and I were alone in the boys' changing room.

...

"So, do you like her?" Jack gently asked with a smile.

"Who?" I asked. Of course, I knew he was referring to Astrid. I took off my shirt and put on some deodorant before changing into my t-shirt.

"Astrid? Do you like her?" Jack asked again, this time with a serious voice.

I shrugged and looked down at the floor. "I don't know," I said with a smile.

"You sure?" Jack asked and put a hand on my shoulder.

I raised my head back up and looked at him. "She's just so perfect. Her eyes... her personality... her interests... her body..."

Jack began to smirk. "Why don't you ask her out?" he said and crossed his arms.

"You know... I thought about that too, but we just met... and what if she doesn't like me that way?" I answered sadly. I didn't want to lose Astrid as a friend.

"I'm sure she likes you, huh, it's hard not to!" Jack encouraged and began to pack his stuff together.

"Thank you man, but I think I'll wait a little... just to give it some time," I said and started packing my stuff as well. I'm so happy to have Jack! I honestly don't know what to do without him.

"Thank you, Jack, you're always there for me," I said, smiling at him.

"You're welcome," he smiled back.

We took our stuff and left the changing room. We only had one more module until we were done for today, so we should just get it over...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Do You Like Him?]